Friday, July 3, 2009

Stupid Is As Stupid Does!

This one rates pretty high on the Richter scale of DUH!

I arrive to work this morning at my usual start time of 8:30am. I soon realize that aside from dispatch, the rest of the offices are empty. "Well, at least today should be an easy day," I think, as my immediate boss(es) are MIA, apparently for the Fourth of July weekend.

That's not so unusual as today is only July 3rd, and I've had to work before on or near some of the more minor holidays. While at work I'm performing my usual hardworking tasks of reading the newspaper(s), and going out for coffee.

After working very diligently on Amazon.com, I decided to call my chief whose vacationing up in Vermont at his villa. "H-E-L-L-O" he says, as he answers his cell. "Just wanted to say hi, and see how your vaca is going," I replied. "Where are you?", he asks. "I'm at work where I'm supposed to be." "Um, yeah...you're off today you dumb-ass!" "Ooooooooh, oops." "Nice talkin to ya chief."

And there you have folks, just one more incident of me impressing myself and NO ONE else.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!, unless of course you reside outside of the good ol' USofA! Don't blow off any fingers, appendages, or other assorted body parts. With fireworks I mean.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

They help us avoid that where I work by giving us calendars that highlight the days we have off.

Anonymous said...

ooooops...
don't worry, though. it happens to the best of us. once, during the one year i went to regular public school, i showed up two hours earlier than i had to because i forgot there was a different schedule because of finals or something. i wandered around for an hour wondering why the bell wasn't ringing before someone told me...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

OK-Cate-OK

Enough w/the snarkiness! What does snarkiness actually mean- anyone?

C. Louis Wolfe said...

THANKS for the empathy IF.

Despite my deviation from awareness, hopefully my stupidity will be compensated w/money or at least time. Is this a great country or what.

Thomas Phillip said...

Geez that hurts. Even from here.

.beee. said...

That sadly enough sounds like something I would do.....lol However, I DID remember that I was off on yesterday.

Niiiiiice.....hah!

Have a slendid 4th, sugar!

Big hugs.
.beee.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Hi .beee.

You called me sugar again! ;~)

You're also tryin' ta give me hugs & I barely even know you, wait....I don't know you at all! Hug away. ;^)~

Hope you enjoyed a splendid 4th!

natalea said...

Gosh... if it wasn't was so irritating it would be funny... ;P

But if your are going to get more money it's OK LOL

;*

Will said...

Classic.

.beee. said...

Well then, if you don't want my hugs, I'll just save them all for VK. ;)~ HAH!


Hope you had a good Monday.

vixen kitten said...

*snort* See....that's why men are so silly. Who the hell would pass up hugs from a gorgeous, sexy sweetheart like you, beee? A silly man that's who.

Now, me, I may be blonde, but I'm sure not stupid. I'll take your hugs any time, and anywhere. *blush*

K...nuff said. :)

xoxo
~vk~

Stefany said...

*Points and laughs*

C. Louis Wolfe said...

DB, If I hurt you all the way in LA, I've done my job. I'm very good at causing long distance headaches!

Hope you've been well.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Dear Kats, I think it's BOTH irritating AND funny...or not

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Classic what Will? Classic what?! ;^)~

C. Louis Wolfe said...

OK .beee., we can share. What time shall I arrive at your place? Cheese & crackers or wine? ;~)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Now-now VK, Don't get all huffy, snarky, & sassy. I take it back, but we'll have to share, & I know you don't like to! ;-)

I'm so glad to hear from you- I hope you're well.
XOXO

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Hey Zetz, that's not nice. Look in the mirror & point your long evil finger at yo'self sister! :~)