Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Kung-Fu Grip

By now most of you are aware of the recent Death of actor David Carradine (72). His body was found inside a closet by a maid at the hotel where he was staying in Taiwan. His death, Initially ruled a suicide, is now currently under investigation as a "suspicious death", due to the circumstances of the rope used, was found around his neck as well as his genitals.

The initial autopsy revealed the cause of death as a sudden lack of oxygen- really?! Ya think?! The family rejects the reports of suicide, stating he had never seemed happier, and was busy in Taiwan shooting a film. Thai police said there were no signs of a struggle.

Davis Carradine had starred in over 200 films and TV shows. He became famous for his portrayal of a Chinese drifter seeking enlightenment and justice, in the successful TV show Kung-Fu, from the 70's. Recently he was best known for playing Bill in the film "Kill Bill", released as two parts in '03 & '04.

RIP David Carradine (1936-2009)

Carradine's death got me thinking about another celebrity death under similar suspicious circumstances. On 11/22/97, Michael Hutchence (38), the lead singer for the successful pop group INXS, was found dead in a Sydney hotel room. His body was found hanging from a door with his belt around his neck. The coroner ruled his death a suicide. There was no note left. During the investigation it was found that he was apparently in the act of auto-erotic asphyxiation, when he accidentally hung himself. If you are not aware what "aa" (not the alcoholic organization) is, I'll leave it up to you to research it.

3 comments:

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Methinks this post shall rest in pieces! ;^(

Stefany said...

I didn't know that about the singer of INXS... Actually, I never really researched how he died. Hmm.

Sigh... What a sad day in Hollywood. I think the damn media needs to stop talking about HOW he died and just accept that he is gone. They need to show some respect for once.

Then again, it IS the media.

At least we have Carradine's films to remember him by. Most of us are gone and forgotten... I guess there are some perks at being a celebrity.

Yet, I'm pretty sure Woody Allen said, "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying."

C. Louis Wolfe said...

THANKS for commentin' Stef- I'm surprised when people have the absolute gall not to comment on my throughly amazing, witty, & entertaining posts.

As time passes, MANY of Mr. Carradine's kinky ways are coming to light. I'm actually not surprised. I think it's much more pervasive in the field of entertainment than most people realize.

I know you LOVE the Wood-man, however it wouldn't surprise me much if he was found dead, wearing a tu-tu, under a similar suspicious hush-hush situation. :-o