Thursday, June 25, 2009

~ THE SET LIST ~

My band, (The Spastic Colons, er...PLAYBACK) has a gig tonight at a local dive. We're playing only one set (approx. 40-45 mins.) and early, 'cause it's a school night. Since none of you can be there, I thought I'd post tonight's set-list so you can feel as if you were actually in attendance at this (sure to be) monumental rock show!

You can thank me later in your own special way.

1. Secret Agent Man- Johnny Rivers
2. I Won't Back Down- Petty
3. (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone- Monkees
4. I'm A Believer- Diamond/Monkees
5. Soul Deep-Box Tops
6. All Day & All Of The Night-Kinks
7. The Last Time- Stones
8. Little Sister- Elvis
9. Outside Looking In- Original Tune
10. The Kids Are Alright- Who
11. The Letter- Box Tops
12. Been Lonely Too Long- Rascals
13. I Fought The Law- Bobbie Fuller 4
14. I Want To Hold Your Hand- Beatles
15. Peace, Love, & Understanding- E. Costello
16. Little Bit Of Soul (EMERGENCY TUNE)- I forget the groups name, but I think Clapton was in it.

And there you have it. Relatively old dudes playin' relatively old tunes! :^)

8 comments:

vixen kitten said...

Great set. I'd add a a few newer things in...but it looks like a nice mix.

Hope the evening went well.

xoxo
~vk~

natalea said...

Hi it's me again. How are you doing? =D

Oh but their songs are great XD
Yeah I agree... they're really stylish... yeah I love his voice *-*

I was reading that set-list, and I think that probably I would like to watch this show =D

bye

;*

C. Louis Wolfe said...

You ain't kiddin' VK! Tryin' to get some of these guys out of the 60's, 1 in particular, is like pullin' teeth!

Gig went pretty well. Most folks seem to like us, though they really seem to be impressed after a few drinks! :-)

I'm so glad you surfaced to leave a comment- hope you're doing better. You're still very much in my thoughts & prayers.

Be well.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Hey Kats- I'm fine, but how 'bout you?

EVERY time I try to leave a comment on your blog I'm rejected- I don't take rejection well. ;~(

ALWAYS glad when you stop by & take the time to comment.

I wish you could come to a show as well, alas the commute would be quite long & expensive! I'll let you know when we begin our world tour. ;^)

Secret Squirrel... shhh said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Nuts to you, I say, Mr. Squirrel- NUTS TO YOU!!!

Wandering Appalachian said...

Hey! Glad to hear that things went well. I was up in your neck of the woods (well, NYC) this weekend.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

You're such a tease Gwennie! You should have called me. Wait, you don't even have my #!
Hope you had a swell time.