Monday, June 15, 2009

That's a Wrap...Sorta

After months of blabbing, short film this-short film that, I finally began filming "The Conversation" yesterday. I'm glad I can FINALLY put my money where my mouth is, although it'll all be in pennies! :~\

I thought we (actually there's only two of us) would be able to finish the whole short in just a couple of hours. Silly me. After shooting for almost three hours, including set-ups and lighting, we had used up about 30 minutes of MINI-DV (digital video) tape, of which approx. 1 1/2 minutes of that will be used. When all the footage is shot, it will be edited down to a three or four minute short. Did that even make any sense?!

There's only one location and two actors. It's the first DV film I've ever made, so there's a very S-T-E-E-P learning curve for me. Thank God I've got a VERY talented partner to help make this thing as good as it can be. Hopefully it will turn out well. We will return to location this Wednesday night, HOPEFULLY to wrap (cool Hollywood term, eh?) shooting. From there it'll be the editing process, where I believe we will make or break this monstrosity.

Despite the films measly length, I don't wanna rush it. When it's completed I'll link it here as well as YT, and wherever else I can whore it out. I have absolutely NO shame....well maybe just a little. :^)

I'm going for a "G" rating, although the MPAA has threatened to bring down the hammer and hit us with a hard "R". I hope not, 'cause that'll kill the marketing of the picture, and we won't be able to sell any toys or Happy Meals. :-(

12 comments:

Debbie said...

That sounds like such a fascinating project. Can't wait to hear more as it progresses.

Thomas Phillip said...

Film? How did I not know about this? I didn't know you were a movie maker!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

THANKS Deb, you're SWEET. I'm gonna need the red head for my next film- can you get me contact info.? ;-o

Progress?, sure, but I'm not sure how that works? :-)

THANKS for the comment.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Good ol' DB- I'm SORRY, I should have told you. I don't want there to be ANY secrets between us! :'}

I used to make crappy films between kiddom & late teens-sadly I'm quite the hack. Fame & fortune shall NOT be mine this late in the game. Hopefully I'll at least have some fun, & pray the film(s) won't be total crap! :~)

Stefany said...

Good for you! Can't wait to finally see it...

But, can I add that there is already a quite famous film directed by Francis Ford Coppola called 'The Conversation'?

Just sayin'...

Stefany said...

By the way, I left a comment at your Carradine post...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

H-E-L-L-O, ZETZ!- There are about 14 GAZILLION movies, books, songs, poems, etc. called "THE CONVERSATION"!

Take your sassy butt outta the clouds, 'cause you're rain'in on my parade toots!

But I still like you a little...maybe

C. Louis Wolfe said...

OK Stef, You made it up to me for commenting on kung-fu. I'm not sure, but I think that post possibly freaked-out, grossed-out, or bored any & all readers to tears- & that's ALL I've got to say on the matter!

Thomas Phillip said...

I have to see this! So I can compare my work to yours-just kidding.

Well so far your movie sounds like it will be awesome simply based on the title "The Conversation" . although if you ask me "Le Conversation" is a bit classier.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I don't speak French DB, and I'm far from classy! :^0

Anonymous said...

yes! link it! i'm all for shameless self promotion :D

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Seems my IF is just as shameless as I. I find that to be a good thing as we shall toot our horns all the live-long day!