Friday, September 12, 2008

Ben & Jerry & me

On a MUCH lighter note:

Ah. All the fat, all the time!

I try to stay away from this stuff. however, walking through the grocery store's frozen food section, (with my fly down-see earlier post) I spied an overwhelming bright light, beckoning me to the dairy case. It was so brightly illuminated, I had to shield my eyes for fear of burning my retinas. Was this my burning bush? Was this a sign from heaven? Did God have a divine plan for me to perform at Shop Rite? Too many thoughts and questions were spinning out of control in my head.

As I slowly opened the glass door with both impending doom and cautious excitement, there it was. Calling to me; "come hither and fourth!" A brand spankin' new B&J ice cream flavor! One pint of delicious essential goodness. Cinnamon Bun! My hands began to tremble as I picked up the container of this icy frozen treat.

Now anyone who knows me well, and that would be very few, are well aware of my LOVE for all things cinnamon. Cinnamon bread, rolls, coffee, etc. Hell, just the very essence of cinnamon itself. I carefully placed the container on the very top of the cart. A shrine or throne if you will. I couldn't wait to get home.

I drove home w/God speed. The wind at the rear of my mighty Element. I was about to sample this new delicacy, when I panicked. I told myself; I shouldn't rush this. I should savor the moment. Wait, what if it sucks?! The last thing I need is another catastrophic disappointment in my life. I placed the container on the self in the freezer, and closed the door sealing the container in it's frosty tomb..............for now.

Long story short, within two days, and two sittings it was gone. Completely devoured. Like a zombie in Times Square on a Saturday night.

The label reads; caramel ice cream with cinnamon dough and cinnamon streusel swirl. Four servings per pint. 290 calories x four, divided by nothing to the thousandth power...............well, you get it.

I swear, and I'm not exaggerating, my teeth hurt for over a day! Not to mention the initial brain freeze.

No comments: