Saturday, September 20, 2008

Once..........................(Again)

"Falling Slowly"

I don't know you
But I want you
all the more for that
Words fall through me
and always fool me
and I can't react
And games that never amount
to more than they're meant will play themselves out

(chorus)
Take this sinking ship and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
you've made it now

Falling slowly, eyes that know me
and I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
and I'm painted black
You have suffered enough
and warred with yourself
it's time that you won

(repeat chorus twice)

Lyrics- Glen Hansard




"If you want me"

Are you really here or am I dreaming
I can't tell dreams from truth
For it's been so long since I have seen you
I can hardly remember your face anymore
When I get really lonely and the distance calls it's only silence
I think of you smiling with pride in your eyes
a lover that sighs

(Chorus)
If you want me Satisfy me
If you want me Satisfy me

Are you really sure that you believe me
when others say I lie
I wonder if you could ever despise me
you know I really try
To be a better one to satisfy you for your everything to me
And I do what you ask me
if you let me be free

(Repeat chorus twice)

Lyrics- Marketa Iglova & Glen Hansard






"ONCE"

Part of me has died and won't return
And part of me wants to hide
the part that's burned

Once Once
knew how to talk to you
Once Once
But not anymore

Hear the sirens call me home
(Repeat three more times)

Part of me has vied to watch it burn
And the heart of me has tried
But look what it's become

Once Once
I knew how to look for you
Once Once
But that was before
Once Once
I would have laid down to die for you
Once Once
But not anymore

Hear the sirens call me home
(Repeat three more times)

Lyrics- Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova

No comments: