Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Martha My Dear............................

Martha Leaman Ankeney Schaffer

I can't believe it's already been two years since you left this mortal coil to ascend to be with the other angels. There have been very few women that have had such an impact on my life as you did on mine.

I met Martha literally by accident many years ago when she fell on the ice, striking her head. I helped her out, and we became fast friends. She taught me many things that I don't have time to go into. She, (as well as her family) became a very important part of my life. She was one of the GREATEST role models anyone could ask for. I wish I could even be half the person she was. I'd even settle for a sliver. I miss her very much and hope she is watching over me. I just hope she occasionally looks the other way! She was 89 years young.

No comments: