Saturday, September 13, 2008

Once.....

Have you ever seen this movie? It's a small scale, low budget film that was released in '07, (I think?) If you haven't seen it, I won't tell you much about it, except to say; it's about a love that doesn't quite happen, could never be, or last, (I think). If you tend to like small scale, low budget films, give this one a try.

I saw this for the second time recently while visiting friends in Colorado. I enjoyed it more the second viewing. I didn't think my friends were going to like it. It's kinda slow. I thought Crystal's husband was nodding off. Turns out they DID like it.

I picked up the soundtrack the other day. I had sampled it at B&N when the film was first released in theatres. I didn't think much of it at the time. Now I really like it. If you like melancholy, sad love songs, as I tend to do, you'll probably dig it. I wouldn't advise listening to it while going through a loss or break up. It may delay the healing process. What do I know? Perhaps it may help.............or not. Don't shoot the messenger!

Truly heart tugging stuff. Although, if you don't have a heart, there will probably be very little, to absolutely no tugging at all. I hope that you have a heart. Rumor is it makes us humans just a little more human.

All songs are good. Most notable are tracks 1, 2, 5, & 7. The disk is on the Columbia/Sony label, and no, I don't see a dime of it. I'm not a shill..........or at least I don't think I am. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

3 comments:

Rennie said...

It's "melancholy," not melon collie. ;)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

THANKS for the heads up Ren. I'm glad you caught it. In our current market place, the last thing you need is to be pink slipped!

this is what I'm paying you for anyway!

Stefany said...

Why does that movie sound so familiar? Hmmm...