Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sleep of the sleepless; or no ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

What a night!

Despite feeling crappy, and not very happy, I pressed on to make it through yesterdays workday. I'm attempting to limit my sick days as the year winds down. By the time I got home after screwing around, (not that way!) at work, I was BEAT! Tired even.

I slipped into my mighty jams, which are on the verge of becoming mighty stinky, to settle in for an evening of self pity convalescing. I considered my dinner prospects. Do I want the soup and peanut butter crackers, OR the peanut butter crackers and soup? Can you guess the choice? I fired up the ol' brick oven, (microwave) to 5000 Fahrenheit, and prepared my meal.

The evenings entertainment consisted of finishing up season 4 of "A Haunting" on DVD. That's some scary shit! Have you seen that show? I think it's on the Discovery Channel, however most of my TV viewing is on DVD, so I tend to be a season behind. I then followed that up with a Net Flix presentation of "Resurrection Mary" which turned out to be a crappy movie version based on a supposedly true ghost tale that occurs along a stretch of road in the Chicago area. Look it up on the Internet, it's pretty creepy and cool! As you may be able to tell I'm interested and occasionally fascinated with ghosts and the supernatural. I didn't finish the film as I began to get tired. I think between the boring absurdity of the lame movie, and having loaded up on generic NyQuil, not to mention my usual insomniac cocktail, I was feeling pretty good about actually falling asleep and staying asleep.

Long story, somewhat short, all I did was toss and turn ALL NIGHT LOOOOOOOOONG! I did actually manage to get about three to four hours of fitful sleep. I can survive on at least six hours, however ask any one of my victims in witness protection, and they'll tell you any less then that-watch out! I become one beastly, cranky, SOB!

Because I'm a company man, (not!) I returned to work today because the big creaky wheels don't turn without my grease! I'm very important to the day to day function at work. I'm da glue dat hold it all together. I'm also a pathological LIAR, (Thanks Snips!) although I could be lying about that as well. Needless to say, by the end of the day I was so delirious I drove my bosses car home! Really? No........not really.

I'm off the clock at 4:30pm, and I see that it's now 5:42! Something wrong with dat boy. He ain't right! I'll leave here soon to basically repeat last nights scandalous excitement. Hopefully without that pesky insomnia. Here's to sleep.

Before I go however, I'll share a little poem I wrote that popped into my head via stream of consciousness earlier in the day. It's called.............I don't know what it's called. That's NOT the title! I really don't know what it's called.

Here goes.

Tossing and turning, thoughts are burning
with answers that I lack.

Trapped in stasis that has no basis.
Move forward to go back.

Insomnia to crush my dreams,
will cause my head to spin.

As I fight delirium.
Bright lights begin to dim.


That's all folks!

6 comments:

Stefany said...

Hello new best friend! Do you watch the show Dexter? Not the cartoon, ya know, on Cartoon Network. I don't know if it's your cup of tea or not, but I sure need to catch up on that show! Also, I really need to get Netflix. I am a movie fanatic. Correction, only good movies.
By the way, yes, tis' me in the photo. I just did some fancy stuff on my Windows photo gallery thing. After taking about 30 angry pictures of my mom washing dishes, she took the camera and turned it on me. I didn't mean to semi smile. It was just funny how angry she was. And why I was wearing a hat, I don't know. Actually I do know, I got it at Walmart for $7 in the men's department. It looks like it belongs on a very suave pepper haired man with lizard skin dress shoes.

Stefany said...

Oh, and I am actually very careful about who I meet on the WWW. If you knew me, you'd see that I am extremely paranoid. I won't take a walk in the dark if there are no tree's to hide in.
So, it's cool if your a psychotic Hanibal Lecter type. Makes no difference to me! Good movie by the way.

p.s. Will is a very nice young chap!

Stefany said...

Ah, yes. I have just read your comments to my... comments.

I am not rich, or poor. My car is a Lexus LS 400. 1994 with over 100,000 miles. I got it for $5,000 and don't have to pay all the extra stuff since it was a 'gift' from a family friend. AND, my boss at the factory is actually my aunt. My dad's brother's wife who I haven't seen in 4 years (until now, unfortunately). I get payed a LITTLE extra than the other newbies.

Lastly, I said you are witty and funny. That is ALL. You are definatley way too old for me (no offence). Don't get ahead of yourself, fella!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Although I enjoy the CN, I do own the 1st season of Dexter. I watched a few ep's but couldn't really get into it. Most people I know seem to like it, so I'll have to give it another chance.

I tend to be psychotic, (sp?) however I haven't eaten anyone.........yet.

Hi Will.

Settle down little girl. I was jus' funin' ya. I prefer women my own age. Usually in the 80-90 range. Have a good weekend.

Rennie said...

It's "liar."

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Miss RJW,

Why can't you tell me how to spell the word correctly as I'm typing it?! We may have to cut your hours & 1/2 your bonus. Sorry.

-The Mgt.