Monday, November 3, 2008

Before 11am

I'm not sure if there's an actual scientific name or medical diagnosis, but I have a condition known to myself as "Useless Morning Syndrome". For as long as I can remember, rarely do I become fully, if at all, functioning BEFORE 11am.

My commute to work in the morning is minimal. Approx. one mile door to door. Unlike some of my co workers who travel millions of miles to work, I don't get the luxury of wake up time, arriving at work in my usual drowsy state.

I find the best remedies, non medicinally speaking, is quiet and mild stimulation such as a welcomed cup of coffee occasionally and thoughtfully left by my boy, detective Hobson (also known as "Chocolate Thunder"). I also find reading something, preferably the newspaper helps.

Unfortunately I rarely get to entertain these helpful remedies as my boss(es) more often than not, interrupt my serenity as I bask in the quiet, reassuring and comforting humming drone of the computer servers that lovingly surround me in the "Ice Box", thereby setting a cranky tone for much of the day. The absolute nerve of my boss(es) to expect any kind of work before the time when I can function at some appropriate level to actually accomplish a few menial tasks!

Somewhere between 9:30 and 10:00am, I venture out to ascend upon the "Dirty Deli" for my usual intake of carbs and coffee. If anyone reading this finds themselves suffering from a similar malady, please leave a comment and perhaps we can find a cure for this debilitating disorder together, making this world a better place for fellow useless morning, and hazy of head sufferers.

By the clock on the wall I see it's Perfect timing as it's the appointed time to acquire the items that will assimilate me into the working class. At least 'till my three hour lunch break.

2 comments:

Stefany said...

I'm a morning person, sorry!

But NOT on Tuesdays. There is just some strange phenomenon that makes me extremely tired and angry on that day that the moment I wake up, I go through my dictionary of curse words.
Don't get me wrong, I always curse once that alarm goes off, but on Tuesdays, you don't want to be near me...

Damn... tomorrow is Tuesday.

Son of a @#$%^ !

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Something about a woman that curses & smokes cigars that I find very appealing!

Oh, & do me a favor Stef? Stop hanging upside down. Right yourself. You'll get a nasty headache!