Friday, November 21, 2008

Please Don't Eat the Daisies!

As I've mentioned before, I'm not much of a TV watcher. Preferring instead to watch DVD season sets at my leisure. Anyone who's been following my blog (That means you Stef) knows I'm a very BIG fan of the show Pushing Daisies. If your not familiar with the show scroll waaaaaaaaaay down where I've written a bit about it.

I predicted the show probably wouldn't last more than two seasons if even that long as it's very well written, clever, witty, smart, etc. Unfortunately shows like this tend to fade away in the ratings due to today's mostly dumbed down short attention spanned viewership that for unknown reasons revels in mediocrity.

This morning I was reading an interview with one of the stars (hottie) Kristin Chenoweth. She stated that they just wrapped up filming of season two and were waiting to hear whether the network would be finishing out the season. It didn't sound very promising despite numerous Emmy nods. How sad it would be if we, the viewership, were unable to enjoy the full second season. We'll see what happens. Chenoweth mentions it's pretty much down to the wire.

At least we'll always have a DVD release to look forward to regardless of whether the series is cancelled or not. Even if it is ultimately kaboshed, several shows have actually returned to network lineup due to a very strong fan base. Some shows that come to mind are; Family Guy (love it!), Jericho, and Joss Whedon's (Buffy) Sci-Fi western epic Fire Fly. Later released as a major motion picture titled Serenity. So there's ALWAYS hope! Here's to hoping. Now hop to it.

1 comment:

Stefany said...

Yes, I am very saddened that Pushing Daisies might not last very long.

I love the show as well and am in love with Ned. He is so awkward and shy and adorable. Somebody that would go well with me...

Your favorite is probably Olive, right? She is a great character. And an interesting (and funny) person in real life.

Gah, their all sweet-hearts in the show. So lovable and charismatic. And the show just makes me feel good.

Sigh. It won't last long. Which is sad since I want to see what happens with Chuck and Ned.

More sighs...

I still love The Office, though.
GREAT show!