Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Merry Hanukkah!

According to Lukas I. Alpert, (in today's NY Post) the Bushes are starting the holidays off on a high note. The Bushes sent out a holiday invitation to leaders of the Jewish community for a Hanukkah reception at the White House next month.

The invitation read; "The President and Mrs. Bush request the pleasure of your company at a Hanukkah Reception to be held at The White House on Monday, December 15, 2008 at six o' clock- East entrance".

The image depicts a Christmas scene of a Clydesdale horse pulling a carriage up to The White House hauling a Christmas tree. A banner on the carriage proclaims, "White House Christmas Tree 2008". The White House is adorned in Christmas splendor with wreaths hanging in the windows, etc.

One Jewish leader used the words, "bizarre" and "weird". Another Jewish leader gave a hilarious explanation to the effect of, It's obvious the illustration shows the Christmas tree is being removed from The White House to be replaced by a Menorah. Priceless! Humor as only a Jew can convey. Take it from me, I'm one half non-thoroughbred Jew on my fathers side!

Ah President Bush. One more interesting way to end your presidency. At least he's got an unintentional sense of humor. Shalom!

3 comments:

Stefany said...

Hey, you haven't responded to any of my comments in a while...

WHAT GIVES...!

Stefany said...

P.S. Have a nice Thanksgiving!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

WHAT GIVES?!

What gives my dear youthful Stefany is that I am lame & apologize for that.

I truly hope that you & your family, & perhaps a few indians & pilgrims enjoyed your Thanksgiving!

Many turkeys I know did not.