Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"E DAY"

Today's the big day. They (who are they?) say we can make a difference. Get off your @$$ and vote!

I agree, somewhat. I'm thankful for the freedom to have the opportunity to vote for whomever I choose. To be honest, I've been somewhat ignorant of the candidates. I've been trying to play catch up gleaning facts and policies before I hit the polls at some point today. I'm having a somewhat difficult time deciding between McCain and Obama. I could flip a coin I suppose.

I'm really not too crazy about either one. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I've never been a political person. Opinionated? yes. Passion for politics, no. I have a hard time trusting politicians. Do they really care to create a better nation for us, or is there a more personal agenda at play. I understand they have to make their share of promises to be elected, however I can't help thinking that between being supported by major corporations with very persuasive lobbyists and people with big bucks, these candidates are somewhat indebted to them and feel a great responsibility to give back, through favors, for all the financial support that ultimately helped them win the election.

I know this may sound somewhat insane, and I could be perceived as a conspiracy nut, but for unknown reasons I feel the president doesn't have as much power as we're lead to believe. Let me attempt to explain. I feel there's a possibility of a group of people that "guide" the president, but are ultimately responsible for this countries major decisions. Yes it could be his "chosen cabinet". I don't necessarily believe in an all powerful "Illuminati" controlling everything hidden behind a mysterious secretive shroud..............or do I? ;^)

I have absolutely no proof or documentation to back this up. It's just one of the many crazy thoughts I've entertained in my overly imaginative cranium. Our society would be unable to relate to a group of people, so one has been placed in power because we as a people can relate to one on a somewhat intimate level, as opposed to trying to relate to several people. OK, I'm nuts! Whatever.

Hopefully by the end of the work day I'll have a more informed opinion so I'll feel more confident when I vote. It beats closing your eyes and pulling the nearest lever. Wait, I'm showing my age. I think you just push a doohickey button thingy now, right? I could do a write in and vote for myself.

Perhaps I'll vote for Batman!

This nation as well as the world holds its collective breaths. Tomorrow will be a new day. Possibly one of great historical (or hysterical) significance.

1 comment:

Stefany said...

I don't exactly like either one of them.

I consider myself a democrat, though, but I had to go for McCain.

Obama is full of it.