Sunday, November 2, 2008

Goodbye Boo..............................

My good friend Bobert informed me that his cat "Boo", of many wonderful years had passed away. I had never heard Bob sound so down in all the time I've known him. I feel badly for both Bob and Rees. That cat meant so much to them. I know all too well what it's like to lose a pet. Especially a cat! Some folks don't understand and that's fine. Only those that have suffered a similar loss can empathize and sympathise. I think depending on the relationship you had with your pet, the feelings of pain and loss can be very similar to that of a loved one. Human or otherwise.

They have another elderly cat named "Scaredy" who seems to sense that Boo is missing. Scaredy seems a bit lost. Apparently Boo lived a very long, healthy and happy life, so I think that makes the loss a bit more tolerable for Bob and Rees.

Goodbye boo! Say hi to Midnight and Toodie for me. Dry your whiskers. He's in a better place. Cat nip all around boys! MEOW.....................

2 comments:

Stefany said...

The only pet I have had that has died of natural causes (others got diseases, fish are another story) was my hamster, Twinkie. He lived 3 1/2 long hamster years. I was about 12 or 13 when he died.

It was sad...

But as of now, I have a cat (Teddy; that I call Shmoo, a Siamese fighting fish Butch Cassidy, and Dirty Harry the Mali Uromastyx aka lizard).

Man, I've had SO many animals throughout the years... Birds, hermit crabs, fish, rabbts, cats, hamsters, lizards, snails...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I've had so many types of pets over the years. My sis even had a horse named Smokey MANY years ago. Later in life I became more of a cat person. They're usually very independent & don't really need you. Low maintenance. That & they are very cool!