Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It Truly Is a "Wonderful Life"

Every time a cash register rings an angel gets it's wings, sorta.

I'm certainly no angel and my wings were clipped long ago, however today when the cash register rang I won twenty bucks!

I was picking up coffee with my boss this AM when I spied a new scratch off lottery game. Occasionally I play the regular lottery (Pick 6- Mega Millions) and every once in a while a scratch off. The new game is called, "It's a Wonderful Life".....for life! The grand prize is $2,000 a week for life which would be, well, wonderful. The game costs $5.00 and there are four chances to win. Back at work, I feverishly scratched at the boxes like a rabid cat.

Game #1- LOSER, game #2- LOSER, Game #3- LOSE.......wait a minute! "Match three like prizes, win that amount!" Three twenties?! I WON! I WON! I WON! (game #4- also a LOSER- don't wish to be greedy). OK, so I'm not rich, but it's still pretty cool. I'm up fifteen bucks- not too shabby.





"It's a Wonderful Life" is in my top five favorite movies. Yes. I'm proud to say I'm a corny romantic, so pop me in a microwave! I don't consider myself a particularly lucky guy in the realm of winning, however I did win $420.00 earlier in the year. That's four hundred and forty bucks! Well, minus twenty I gave to the clerk to buy himself one cup of coffee at Starbucks.

I'll have to go meet Mary Hatch at Gower's Drug Store to buy her some ice cream. Hopefully Violet Bick won't show up. Last time it was quite a cat fight!

2 comments:

Stefany said...

I love Jimmy Stewart. He was such a humble, down to earth man.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

As a matter of fact I am as well, thanks for noticing! ;^)

You don't seem to be very excited I won the lottery. I thought you were looking for a sugar daddy.