Thursday, December 25, 2008

Cinema Paradiso

I love movies-films-flicks-pics-motion pictures! One of my mothers favorite films was the above titled. Sadly I've only seen a small portion of it. There have been several recently released films that I'm highly anticipating. So many in fact I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed as I haven't been getting out to the theatre as much as I'd like to.

Sadly, two movies I've been excited to see are receiving luke warm reviews for the most part. I'm sure that won't keep me from seeing them, in fact I find if I expect to be somewhat disappointed, I tend to find the film not to be as much of a let down.

The two films of which I write are The Spirit and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The first film is based on a 40's (?) comic created by the famed Wil Eisner, and directed by Frank miller. The second film is based on a short story written by F. Scott Fitzgerald- sadly no relation to C. Louis Wolfe. It's directed by David Fincher.

Other films on my list are:

- Doubt
- Slumdog Millionaire
- The Reader
- Milk
- Gran Torino
- Frost/Nixon
- The Wrestler
- Revolutionary Road

If anyone reading this has seen any of the above listed films, please leave a comment with your thoughts. Thanks.

4 comments:

Stefany said...

Sorry, haven't seen any of them yet. And I haven't heard of The Wrestler. But I WANT to see every movie you mentioned! Especially Benjamin Button. I didn't think the reviews were bad (they gave it a B+ in the paper). Now, the reviews for The Spirit were awful (the paper, Cleveland Plain Dealer, gave it a D).

Ah, well. I'm seeing Button tonight.

I also kind of want to see Seven Pounds. Even Valkyrie, just for kicks (but not in theatres).

But the movies you mentioned will definately be seen by me in the next few weeks.

I'll be saving all my single bills for the cinema!

Wandering Appalachian said...

Sadly, I have not seen any of these. I'm definitely checking out The Wrestler.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Stef- I didn't read your BB post yet, but I will-post haste!

7lbs.? Valkyrie?! Take it back now! Just when I was starting to respect you. ;^)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Hey G-Grl- Let me know your thoughts after you've seen The Wrestler. I still have yet to see it. Thanks for checking in.