Sunday, April 26, 2009

When Pigs Fly!

Aids, Avian Flu, Mad Cow Disease, Swine Flu, Pandemic, Epidemic!!!!
Is this the end?!

We've heard these terms on and off for over a century. It's in the papers- out of the papers. On the news-off the news. So what is it? I'd barely hear or read of any of this in the media lately, then suddenly over the last few days it's EVERYWHERE! Swine Flu all over Mexico- now it's in the US! I know how the media is so I'm trying not to freak out, but to be honest I'm a bit wigged out. Is it really that bad? Granted every so often a virus or good old fashion plague will come along, but come on, now of all times? We've got a new president, & my latest band has only played two gigs!

Yes, I'm joking a bit, but that's just my defence mechanism coming into play. It comes out when I'm scared &/or nervous. Being a Virgo & a cautious optimist I figured something was coming. I figured it would be something very simple, but very contagious. Something we are unprepared & unequipped for.

Hopefully this too shall pass. What about my blog?! I still haven't had my first last kiss yet, not to mention that whole silly virgin thing.

8 comments:

tia-juana said...

Being cautiously realistic myself, I am placing this news in the categories of "hyper media" AND "new president."

First of all, Mexico is not on our top 10 list for a couple of reasons right now: that big fence that doesn't work, illegal visitors taxing our charity healthcare system and our education system (just to name 2 overburdened systems), and there is A LOT of violence in Mexico which seems to be more out of control everyday.

Of course the media (what a tired word) is going to jump on this.

Also, I think that Obama doesn't want to appear unprepared if this turns out to be a pandemic, so he's coming out full guns.

As for that silly virgin thing, I believe that ship has sailed! I think we have time for your first last kiss - and your blog.

Stefany said...

Yes, sounds like the media will blow it out of proportion... But the important thing to remember is...

We pescitarians and vegetarians shall rule the world once the rest of "you people" are gone!

I know, I shouldn't kid. The U.S. is in a tricky situation as it is...

Any way, yes, tis a new picture of me from Saturday. I guess my style is a bit punk/bohemian/quirky. Not goth, or emo (bwah, teenage word).

Also, glad to hear your gig went swell... Yes, I said "swell."

Sigh.

Oh, and I don't recall you reviewing Milk... You should have! Stop being so lazy!

Stefany said...

Hmmm... I just found out that it doesn't come from direct contact with an actual farm animal... It comes from not washing your hands and etc.

Glad I'm a germaphobe!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Dear-dear Tia-
ALWAYS the levelheaded voice of reason, THANKS. Knowing you're well trained in EMT skills gives me comfort should I require them, however I do understand that it's women & children 1st!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Whatever your look Zetz- it's you- it's unique- & dagnabbit I likes it! It's edgy & shite!

Now go get lost & eat a BIG juicy burger or steak! ;^)~

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Well Stefany- one of your many quirks may actually pay off for yo' bad self!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

PS- Tia, that ship has not only sailed-it's sunk! ;-)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

What do you mean "you people"?!