Monday, April 6, 2009

"The Getaway Short"

A while back I had mentioned conceptualizing a short video for our police department. One of our officers was attempting to obtain a grant which would hopefully result in our acquiring one of those ATV quad thing-a-mabober doohickies (that we DON'T even need!). The officer had a few lame ideas for the video, but basically wasn't prepared on the day of the actual shoot.

About one hour before the filmmaker arrived, I gave the officer a how about this-this- & this. Of course she liked my idea because- HEY, it's me, & her ideas as previously mentioned were L-A-M-E! :^)

I heard it had been recently posted to You Tube, so I checked it out just prior to writing this post. I think it came out pretty good. When I first saw it, the latter half with the crappy music had not been added so I wasn't even aware It had been tacked on until just now. At least the cool part was my idea & well shot "gorilla style" by a guy named Rubin, & with almost no prep time.

So I'm watching the end credits roll when something like "conceptualized by Officer Nicole Stivale" appears, followed shortly by some special thanks or some sort to me? W-H-A-T?! That really burns my britches! I realize in the big scheme of things it's just a little vid that very few will see, but it's the "give credit where credit is due" thing. It's the priciple of it! I know I probably seem like a little baby, but where does that little girlie get off stealin' my thunder.

It's about honor people & I've been dissed! I'm callin' my lawyer in Hollywood! This is unacceptable! I'm callin' you out Officer Stivale! Bad cop- NO donuts! Off with her head!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

OK, I feel a little better now......or do I?

8 comments:

Stefany said...

Not too shabby short, Wolfe. I actually thought that the scene with the woods was a joke... And that the officer would start running after the thief again... My bad.

Now, when are you going to make your own film-short, short-film? I'm really interested in seeing it... And what about Playback's MySpace? Have you broken up already?

And thanks for the comment (sorry about the cursing... I don't usually swear THAT much, but I needed to let it all out). You're right, it may be a blessing in disguise. I DID hate that place. No one (my age) would befriend me except for Fabian. I couldn't goof off there and act like myself. It really did suck... Sure, I'll struggle in the beginning, but I'll have college to focus on and a new job to look forward to. I'll meet new and interesting people and I will finally be allowed to act like the real Stefany.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

That's more like it Stef! You go girl! Zetz, you will be the very 1st to see any flim-flam film I produce & Playback page when it's eye-worthy!

Will the real Stefany please stand up.

Will said...

I'm quickly learning that lesson brother. Never ever ever let anybody in on any awesome ideas... they just steal them and make them your own. That's why I'm slowing down with the poetry/writing submissions on my blog cept for the random free write.

Want me to break her legs? I know people who know people.

Maria Sondule said...

You should post your own video in response to it saying what a JERK that officer is and how YOU came up with the idea.
Make sure to include lots of animation and maybe a piece of pie to entice people. ;)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

You da man Will- ya gotz my back. You can be my wing-man anytime bud!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

THANKS Maria- You rawk! I love pie! Cut me a slice, I'll bring the milk! ;^)

Stefany said...

Why isn't there a "comment" link on your two latest posts? I wanted to say how much I love the song, Like a bridge over troubled water. One of my favorites actually...

Art Garfunkel sang it (beautifully), which didn't make Paul Simon too happy (since the song got so much success). Also, the part w/ "Sail on silvergirl" was added on later (since the song was too short). There was some dispute over that as well, since Simon and Garfunkel thought it was very obvious that it was added on.

I like it. It gives the song character.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

As you can surmise Stef- ye has figured it out...for nowest!

I did not know those facts. You contain much knowledge for one so young!-I'm duly & unruly impressed to limits here foretold unknown! Don't I sound smart 'n stuff?!