Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"God Only Knows"

I may not always love you
But long as there are stars above you
You never need to doubt it
I'll make you so sure about it
God only knows what I'd be without you

If you should ever leave me
Though life would still go on believe me
The world could show nothing to me
So what good would living do me
God only knows what I'd be without you

If you should ever leave me
Well life would still go on believe me
The world could show nothing to me
So what good would living do me
God only knows What I'd be without you

- Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Paul McCartney thought this was one of the most beautiful love songs ever written- I'd have to agree.

The BB's have been around for quite a while. When do they finally become Beach Men?! Just wondering.

6 comments:

Stefany said...

What about the song, Something, by The Beatles? That's a great one... but I think Paul is too humble to name a song of his own.

tia-juana said...

I am beginning to wonder if you are simply a hopeless romantic or, perhaps, there is still someone on your mind...

how about "If Not for You"?

vixen kitten said...

Gaaa I so love this song. It was just on the pink ipod on the drive home. Playlist Favorites #5!

~vk~

PS....I'm blaming you. It's rainy and crappy and I can't kayak and don't feel like grilling in the rain. I just caved in and ordered a pizza. See what you started!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Not a bad tune Stef- I prefer the weepy Yesterday, but love was NEVER an easy game to play. :-(

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Tia my dear, I think I'm just hopeless. Rather be that then homeless. Can you even imagine being a hopeless homeless person, tho I know there's way too many of them.

"If Not For You"? I'm sure I know it- hum a few bars will ya? Whose it by? Older song, yes?

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Of course you love that song VK! What are the odds of it being on your precious pink ipod for the ride home, & me posting it today?! Pure symmetry my pet.

We are but two ships passing in the night & I see an iceberg ahead. ALL hands on deck! Broads & babies 1st!!!

PS- Blame me all you want & you know you want it- I mean the pizza silly girl! How come I have to be the one to start & finish EVERYTHING!

Yes, the sky may be crying, but isn't it beautiful?