Saturday, April 18, 2009

Go Susan Go!

She's matronly & not particularly attractive. Never been married, nor had a love life- no, I'm not talking about me, besides I'm a guy!  ;-)   & she's bordering on frumpy. Her name is Susan Boyle. A 47-year-old from England. You may have read about her. She's all over the media, You Tube, etc.

She recently appeared on British televisions Britain's Got Talent, a version of American Idol from across the pond. It's conceived & produced by Simon Cowell (boo-hiss!) of AI fame. His co-judges are Piers Morgan & Amanda Holden, whom I know nothing about. I don't watch much TV, & will admit to not being a fan of AI, or shows of that ilk. I've been reading about Ms. Boyle & had to see for myself what all the hoopla was about.

Via You Tube, ( I apologize for no link- I'm lame) I watched the above describe woman walk bravely on stage to the sounds of laughter from the audience. She spoke briefly with Simon, then began to sing "I dreamed a dream" from Les Miserables. A very beautiful song. As soon as Ms. Boyle began to sing, there came an audible gasp from the audience. She had obviously been blessed with a beautiful voice by God. The audience sat silently transfixed as they watched- I did as well.

Tears began to slowly stream down my face. Cowell sat there with his head in his hands, eyes wide. Holden's eyes welled up, & Morgan was beaming. Morgan said, "Everyone was laughing at you- no one's laughing at you now." The audience was on it's feet, as was Holden & Morgan. Cowell remained seated, (big surprise) but impressed. She received 3 "yeses", which apparently rarely occurs.

Score another win for the underdogs! I hope you win Susan- show 'em all!

6 comments:

Stefany said...

It doesn't matter where you came from or where you're going. All that matters in the end is that you affected or even changed someone in a positive way with your time spent on this floating rock.

FireLight said...

Hear, hear, Stefany.

I read your comment at Woman of No Importance. Just wanted to stop by...I enjoyed your posts on Bruce and Ms. Boyle. I have seen her on the news...I just love stories like hers! Kind regards.

Wandering Appalachian said...

I think that she will win---if not...there will be a huge upset.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Hello FL- THANKS for stopping by & commenting! Means a lot!

Actually Stefany's hearing is not so good, so you'll have to try sign language or speak LOUDLY!

Don't give me the stink eye Stef, you know I keed.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I hope she does too, Gwennie.

Stefany said...

Look at this... I become all inspirational and get NADA in return.

Tisk, tisk, tisk.