Friday, April 24, 2009

Set List

Since a few of you are apparently unable to fly in (sarcasm), for Playbacks 1st big gig (more- sarcasm) I thought I'd at least post our two set lists. That way I'm able to confirm that you really didn't miss much! ;^)

SET #1

- Secret Agent Man (Rivers)
- Monkees Theme
- I'm A Believer (Monkees)
- Soul Deep (Box Tops)
- Who'll Stop The Rain (CCR)
- The Last Time (Stones)
- Little Sister (Elvis)
- Outside Looking In (original)
- I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better (Byrds/Petty)
- The Letter (Box Tops)
- I Fought The Law "& Wolf Won!" (Bobby Fuller Four?/Clash)
- I Saw Her Standing There (Beatles)
- Pretty Woman  (Roy Orbison)

SET #2

- Little Bit Of Soul (?)
- Cynical Girl (Crenshaw)
- Steppin' Stone (Monkees)
- The Kids Are Alright (Who)
- Creedence Medley (Can You Guess Who?)
- Mr. Tambourine Man (Dylan/Byrds)
- Gloria (Them w/Van Morrison)
- Into Your Arms (Lemon Heads)
- I Want To Hold Your Hand (Beatles)
- 867-5309/Jenny (Tommy Tu Tone)
- Peace, Love, & Understanding (Costello)

EMERGENCY TUNES

- Brown Eye Girl (Van Morrison)
- So It Goes (Lowe)
- Thank You Girl (Beatles)

That's about it. Barely out of the 60's- limping into the early 90's....sorta.
Wish me luck. Please come visit me in the hospital after the gig to sign my leg cast!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh, lemonheads! loved them!

good luck with the show.

vixen kitten said...

There's a man who leads a life of danger
To everyone he meets he stays a stranger

Mmmm, I <3 that song!

I love these set lists. Great mix there. Just kinda wondering why there is no Daydream Believer. I mean if you do Monkee's you HAVE to do THAT one. Just saying... :)

Have a great weekend.

xoxo
~vk~

Stefany said...

(I told you once and I told you twice, but you never listen to my advice. Don't try very hard to please me---) Love that tune!

*Damn, have it stuck in my head now... love The Stones*

(Make me feel alright) G-l-o-r-i-a! Love, love, love.

*Yet, I prefer when Jim Morrison sang it, of course*

AND Elvis! (Little sister don't-cha kiss me once or twice, and say it's very nice and then you run... Little sister don't-cha do what your big sister does).

*Elvis was another phase of mine*

(Lonely days are gone, I'm a goin' home. Cause my baby just wrote me a letter...).

I freakin' LOVE/ADORE your set list. I thrive on that music! You'll do great, I feel it in the muggy-humid-stuffy Ohio air...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Thanks Cate!

I think if the LH's heard our cover of their song they would have squeezed us into lemonade!

I think the gig went pretty well 1st time out of the gate. We have our 2nd tomorrow- we'll see how it goes. It's outside & the weather's 'sposed to be nice.

Anonymous said...

good luck!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Welcome back VK-ALWAYS a pleasure to have you stop by FLAST.

You know the lyrics to SAM?! I am impressed! Fun song to play.

At 1st I was trying to figure out what your icon was- no, offense intended, but at first I thought they were boobs, then I realized it was a heart, silly me *flogs self*. It looks like a broken heart though. :-(

Daydream Believer? Not sure we're ready for that one yet- heavy keyboard tune- the ladies seem to dig it though! :-)

Hope you're enjoying your weekend as well.
X-followed by an-O for oh my!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Stef- Once again you prove what an "old soul" you are, & once again you impress me w/your coolness! THANKS for digging & approving of the set list- too bad our #1 (& only) groupie was unable to attend. :-(

Perhaps when we play Ohio? GOOD NIGHT CLEVELAND!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

IF- THANKS for the kind wishes. 1st gig went well. 2nd is about 2 hours from now, YIKES!

Stefany said...

I am quite UNcool actually...

Yes, I think you should come to Cleveland and check out our Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame!

Fun, fun, fun.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

New pick eh Stef? What you think doesn't matter- don't you know. If I say yo' cool, yo' cool! I may find myself w/a flat tire in Cleveland someday. ;-)

Wandering Appalachian said...

The show has probably already passed, but good luck!!!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Yes G- that gig has indeed sailed, but THANKS for the thoughts- you're one a da good ones!