Monday, May 25, 2009

Flyin' South...

My BESTEST friend Jay extended an invite to spend the holiday weekend down South (Jersey that is) to stay at his villa at the lovely resort of LBI, or Long Beach Island for you out of towners. As I type this post, I'm on the nude beach (fully clothed!) surrounded by beautiful ladies and a lone goat. The weather is beautiful and the sea air makes me sleepy. Sadly my body is drenched in SPF 5000, as well as 7 layers of clothing as several years ago a dermatologist friend put the fear of the demon sun in me. I'm on my 15th Margarita, and let me tell ya, this goat is lookin' better and better.

As you celebrate Memorial Day please take a moment to use your heart to thank all the men and women of the armed forces (past & present) who have made the ultimate sacrifice so we as Americans can enjoy our freedoms. I'm not a fan of politics, nor of war. I understand it happens, and there's sadly not much we as American citizens can do to change it. Of the current "war", my confusion and anger are great. I'm NOT even sure what we're fighting for. I suspect the guberment may be in the same predicament, although rationalizing away in order to continue.

I DO NOT support the "war" , however I DO support the troops. Let's pray and hope that they return home quickly and safely! Even one death, and there's been thousands, is one death TOO MANY!

10 comments:

tia-juana said...

there is no nude beach on LBI - and you would never take off your clothes even if it was raining! (by that I mean even if there was no chance sunburn) hah. :>)

life's too short. burn a little.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Yes Tia, I'm afraid there is. Just beyond the dunes & NO WHERE near The Coral Seas! ;^)

"Burn a little"? Burned out is more like it! ;-)
THANKS for your comment doll.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Howdy SL- THANKS so much for checkin' out my very humble little blog. It's nice to have a new face at FLAST, especially an astronaut!

I will most surely check out your blog as soon as my rocket ship is repaired. It seems to have a flat tire!

Anonymous said...

Good luck avoiding the sunburn, dude. I don't even know if layers of clothing and sunscreen would do anything for me. I burn so easily, I get a tan from the microwave :P.

Anonymous said...

"I DO NOT support the "war" , however I DO support the troops."
I agree completely!
I hope you had a great trip. And I'm glad that I found your blog.

Maria Sondule said...

Ya, I support the troops, but I don't support the war. People sometimes have a hard time distinguishing between the two. :P

C. Louis Wolfe said...

My advice to you IF is to stay away from the microwave at all costs! A toaster should be much safer, but be sure to wear protective goggles. My brother almost lost an eye to a piece of toast that went airborn via our nuclear toaster.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

THANK YOU for agreeing w/me Sonya- we'll get along fine! ;^)

I'm VERY glad you found my blog as well. :-)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I agree Maria. I'm so glad you stopped by. I always appreciate one of your visits. Be well.

Stefany said...

Oh, the beach. How I miss it (I've never swam in Lake Erie... dead fish with maggots in the eyes irk me).

There is no greater place to be than floating on your back in the ocean/sea.