Friday, May 22, 2009

Tickling the Ivories

My band (Playback), FINALLY had a rehearsal last night after 3 weeks of NOTHING. We also auditioned a keyboardist/vocalist in the hopes of improving and filling out our sound, as well as being able to cover MORE tunes. He was OK. He certainly had some talent, if not a quirky, unfunny sense of humor- I understand most folk are unable (or unwilling) to meet or exceed mine. Sadly, he upped the nerdy-geek factor so he fit in that way.

I swear, if you dressed him up in a trench coat, with a blond wig and a hat, the dude would be the spittin' image of Harpo Marx. That wigged (pun intended) me out a bit.

4 comments:

tia-juana said...

What's an "unfunny sense of humor"? Was he the only one laughing at his jokes? Or was he just an odd fellow?

I never thought of you as a nerdy geek-like person. Maybe things will make more sense now...

Anyway, vocals could use a bit of help - at least as far as my good ear could tell. (Maybe if I had 2 good ears you guys would be great!)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Tia, the answer to your first 2 questions is YES!

Slowly but surely, one day things will make sense to you...or not.

Ouch! A scathing review! Just wondering if those hearing aids came in yet. ;^)~

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Stefany said...

What's wrong with the quirky?! And I sometimes laugh at my own jokes (just to be awkwardly funny).

Hmmm... I didn't know that Playback's MySpace page has music now. Gotta check later.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Quirky good like Chris. Keyboardist not as funny, witty, nor handsome as he. I laugh at myself ALL the time so no one else can.

Music? How'd ya know before me? If it's the "music" I think it is, please don't check back later. :-0