Friday, May 29, 2009

She Said YES!

IT'S VERONICA!

Not too long ago I posted that Archie was FINALLY going to pop the question, ready to settle down in comicdom. The cover to issue #600 of Archie shows him on bended knee (aw, how traditional) about to place the ring on Veronica's finger. Archie receives his answer (a resounding YES!) via Veronica's word balloon. Seen in the background through the window of the jewelry store is a crying Betty, as well as a worried Jughead.

The proposal seems to end the longest running love triangle - 67 years - in comic book history. The six-issue story line involves Archie getting a glimpse five years in the future, as he takes a walk up "memory lane".

I hope this isn't gonna be one of those predictable - it was all a dream - things. That would suck, as well as be very unimaginative. I guess we'll find out. Perhaps Jughead will go to law school and become a divorce attorney.

They say blondes have more fun, but apparently Archie doesn't agree.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

They'd be stupid to go the "it was all a dream route" considering all the uproar over Spiderman and Mary Jane splitting up (they are apparently going to get back together due to reader outrage). Personally, I like it when not all fiction reflects the bummers that can happen in real life.

vixen kitten said...

And you would know this from NOT visiting that comic book store that doesn't exist? :)

xoxo
~vk~

Wandering Appalachian said...

I agree with Cate--please, Riverdale, don't turn into Dallas.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Yes, they certainly would be Cate! Although I'm not much of an Archie fan, I am a HUGE fan of pop culture & comics, er, I mean graphic novels. ;^}

I'll be interested to see where it goes.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about VK. ;-]

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Geeze Gwennie, you & Cate agree on EVERYTHING! One would think you were actually friends. :-)

Stefany said...

I'm in the mood to watch 'All in the Family' now...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

OK "Meat Head"! Oh wait, you're one a dem vegetarians ain't ya?