Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My NETFLIX Nights

Very rarely does a film come along that captures your heart and imagination. It demands attention and challenges your mind. This is NOT one of them!

Last night I watched "Sex Drive" (clever title-not!). This film, directed & written by Sean Anders, with John Morris, is based on the book, "All The Way", by Andy Behrens. Based on an ACTUAL book?!-Whatever. It stars some actors I've never heard of, along with the always handsome James Marsden (X-Men, The Notebook) and the usually funny Seth Green (Austin Powers- Robot Chicken) as an Amish dude.

I don't want to give away the plot, although it's pretty much one of the thousands of road trip-virginity losing type that you've seen MANY times before. It does have some heart and laughs however, with small doses of originality sprinkled throughout.

For the most part I found the film to be immature, gross, offensive, vulgar, childish, soul sucking, as well as mind numbing! I found myself swallowing any dignity I might possess- real or imagined. I certainly felt like I was slumming it a bit..............I guess I kinda liked it! ;^)~

Start your engines- baby you can drive my car!

6 comments:

vixen kitten said...

Drive your car, huh? I dunno.

I'm kinda partial to foreign models that look sleek and go fast.

Just sayin....

Cripe....2 posts in under an hour. Must be insanely busy at the top secret guberment place today. :)

xoxo
~vk~

C. Louis Wolfe said...

ALWAYS busy post....er workin'! Oh hi chief!

Will said...

gotta love Netflix...

Stefany said...

Haven't you seen any GOOD movies to post about? I know you have, but you've been too lazy to do reviews...!

In the past few days, I've seen Last Chance Harvey (meh), Frost/Nixon (pretty damn good!), The Talented Mr. Ripley (amazing), and Star Trek (I think I MAY like some Sci-Fi now).

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Sadly Willie-boy, NETFLIX is all I gotz. :-(

THANKS for your comment.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

You're right as usual Zetz. I've been lame & I've got a back-log of lame films to post my lame reviews on. Be my muse- motivate me, or at least write 'em for me! There's .45 in it for ya!