Friday, May 1, 2009

Mmmmmmm-Ahhhhhh...

This is pointless self indulgent post about a self-indulgent topic that no one will care about but me, but being this is MY blog (& I'm really bored), I will henceforth type the words that most likely will only be glimpsed by thine own eyes.

-William Shakespeare
(most likely never-ever said this)

I've been receiving massages at my abode for many, many years now. I insist (I sound like a snob, don't I?) on the masseuse coming to my residence- Not because of laziness (well, perhaps a smidgen) mind you, but because I prefer my body raptures in the evening as close to bedtime as possible. Also for the fact that I find it difficult to do anything afterwards as I feel somewhat non-productive, but MORE importantly, I do not wish to revoke my state of relaxation. I'm not exactly sure where that state is located, but if I had to guess, it's just N/W of Alaska.

Through the years I've hired 'em & fired 'em. Mostly because of frequent cancellations on THEIR part (of course). I'm always out for the the best bargain I can find whether it's for myself or someone else. Hey, I'm not cheap, just a bit thrifty. We live in difficult economic times for craps sake, & I like to hoard my millions- I sleep on a very BIG mattress! ;-)

Getting back to the point (Is there one?), my current girl- no, I'm not homophobic (I'd like to think I'm not- I prefer a woman's touch, what can I say?) has been slowly increasing her costs. This measure forced my hand & I began to seek other options, & one day there it was. Anka staring back at me from a full color ad in one of those crappy newspapers that gets dumped on your driveway- that you don't want, but it makes a great door stop after it's been seasoned & weathered a bit.

I called the number & spoke with a woman with a barely detectable European accent- with a name like Anka it makes sense. We spoke briefly on the phone & she said she'd like to speak to my current massage therapist as a reference. DILEMMA!- I'm somewhat friendly (DON'T read into that!) with my current masseuse & we hang out (albeit rarely) once in a while. If Anka called her she'd most likely be offended & I'd NEVER want that. She's sweet, & pretty good at what she does.

Since I work in a somewhat import authoritative capacity (riiiiight) I asked her if she'd be willing to stop by my humble (riiiiight) place of employment to which she agreed. She arrived & we spoke about my needs & what I was looking for in a massage (DON'T read into that EITHER!). It was important that she get a reference (or 2 or 3) from me or at least meet with me as she had been freaked out by that "Craig's list murder" thing- understandable.
We set up an appointment & she left.

She arrived on the appointed date, promptly on time I might add, with her husband in tow. Hmmmm. Was he her body guard? Was he gonna stay & watch this process unfold?- I felt that would be kinda creepy & hinder my relaxation. Basically I think he came along for peace of mind (for both of them), but he left shortly thereafter. Apparently she was having car trouble so she needed a ride.

We got down to brass tacks or the nitty-gritty if you will-or won't, & let me tell you, it was hands down one of the BEST massages (& at a fair price) his Majesty (that would be ME) has ever received! Once completed she was hired on the spot.

I'd like to set the record STRAIGHT- I insist ALL my massages finish up with an unhappy ending- NO funny stuff see?! It's all legit. All I need is to be arrested in some FBI sting! I very much look forward to the next one. :-)

Addendum- Let me please just add as usual this was supposed to be a brief post about finding a new masseuse, indulging & enjoying , & look what happened (again!). If you've read this far you get a shiny gold star & a thank you from yours truly! Who says I never reward my readership.

7 comments:

vixen kitten said...

Wow. Wolfe. A pillow princess. Who would have thunk it. *snort*

You know...the bloodsuckers aren't such a spoiled lot. :)

Hope your day is filled with laughter and love.

xoxo
~vk~

vixen kitten said...

Ummmm....by the way. Good morning.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Well-well-well, VK-

2 comments within mere minutes of each other! You're gonna give me a swelled head (DON'T even!)

The vamps tend to be selfish & narcissistic. Us werewolfes tend to be more giving, so a massage or 2 shouldn't be a problem. It just hurts a bit when the fur gets stuck between her fingers & nails- that's why I NEVER have one during a full moon!

You're certainly sweet. Back atcha- not sure what this rainy, dreary, Jersey day has in store, but I'm sure it'll be filled w/something.

Ummmm....good morning to you as well. As ALWAYS thanks for your comments & a gander of your beautiful blues! I'm such a suck-up aren't I? ;^)

vixen kitten said...

Really? Oh. My. We'd HATE for that to happen now wouldn't we. *giggle* (now you knew I couldn't leave THAT one alone.)

You have our rain. It's finally sunny here. Not warm....just sunny. I'm taking it.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I'm sure you're the sunshine brightening up the day. Ugg- how sappy is that?
*face gets red-looks down-kicks a rock-aw shucks*

You must think I want to borrow some money- honestly, I never suck up this much, unless it's at work where OBVIOUSLY I never work! ;~}

Speaking of which...

Stefany said...

Sigh... I can't believe you have your own personal masseuse.

*is jealous*

I knew an Anka once, maybe she's Croatian?

Now, I REALLY need a massage. Since I stopped going to my chiropractor, my back has been killin' me.

Typing on this laptop in order to comment on all your posts is killing me as well!

Why am I so nice?

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful & deserve to be pampered like the drama queen I iz!

I think she may be from Transylvania or perhaps she was an extra in Twilight?! Dat girl got fangs! Fangu very much!

SORRY 'bout your back. Wait 'till you have all those babies you want!

You're nice 'cause youz likes me so!! ;^)