Wednesday, February 25, 2009

File Under STUPID!

A dimwitted thief shouted from his apartment window that he had robbed a bodega while calling cops "idiots" for grabbing the wrong guy.

Raymond Gramby, 37, allegedly yelled, "it was me you idiots, you have the wrong guy!" as police led an innocent man to the deli where the theft occurred. Gramby had earlier stolen two bottles of liquor & tried to walk out out of the store, but was stopped by the shops owner. Gramby pulled a knife on the owner before fleeing.

Cops followed him to his near-by apartment, but when a different man answered the door, the cops grabbed that guy instead! As the man was led down the street, Gramby opened his window & began his rant to the cops, which lead to him being arrested & charged with robbery, weapon possession & menacing.

- Jamie Schram, NY Post
 (edited by yours truly)

I gotta say, for the most part criminals are stupid idiots who make our jobs much easier! Thanks fellas, now shut up, spread 'em & put your hands behind your back!

6 comments:

Wandering Appalachian said...

When I was mugged, the guy that robbed me (of a whole $4) didn't even have the sense to run away! The policemen found him just around the corner!

WV = ectlag

Is this the slow time it takes for ectoplasm to go from a ghost to the sliming victim?

Stefany said...

For some reason, criminals like to stay near the scene of the crime...

Odd.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Apparently your OK Gwennie. When did this happen? Must have been terrifying! Did he have a weapon? What- am I a cop askin' all these questions?- sheesh!

I'm glad he was stupid.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

True Stef- mostly the pyromaniacs, who tend to be firemen themselves or wannabes!

Wandering Appalachian said...

It happened about 3 years ago, and he didn't have a weapon...it turned out he was making the gun motion with his hand in this jacket pocket.

However, I wasn't about to trifle with this crazy crackhead that was bigger and crazier than me, so I cooperated.

I did throw the money on the ground to get away from him as he picked it up. The policeman that wrote up everything seemed impressed with my moxie. :)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Smart throwin' the money down then haulin' @$$! I'm glad your OK. That's a good life story to tell.

I've heard about you & your moxie! Actually, I like that word.