Monday, February 9, 2009

Top Ten (or less) Favorite Drummers List!

In an earlier post I wrote up several favorite top ten (less or more) lists, but for some reason neglected to include favorite drummers. I'd like to take this moment to rectify that if I may. These musicians are not in any particular order. Some of them arguably underrated, but as far as I'm concerned skilled and very influential on me as a drummer and my style of playing!

Drum roll (get it?) please....................

1) Ringo Starr (Beatles/solo artist)
2) Keith Moon (The Who)
3) Stan Lynch (original Petty & HB's drummer)
4) Stewart Copeland (The Police, of course!)
5) Max Weinberg (Springsteen/Conan O' Brian show) our playing styles are similar.
6) Don Henley (Eagles/solo artist)
7) Phil Collins (Genesis/solo artist)
8) Mick Fleetwood
9) The kid from the Partridge Family 
10) Abe Lincolns sister Louise

OK,  I'm just kiddin' about the last two. When I finally wake up, hopefully I'll come up with some more names...............or not!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don Henley! Yeah!

And you forgot Mick Fleetwood.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Your absolutely correct Ms. T.- thanks for the heads up! I don't know how I forgot him.

Secret Squirrel... shhh said...

Oh my god!!!

Where to begin?

My head is spinning.

Don Henley???!!!

???!!!?!?!?!??!!!!??!?!?!??!!!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!

One of the worst drummers—EVER!

Except for 3 or 4 on your list, it would easily be misinterpreted for a list of the most boring drummers of all time. Please refrain from ever doing anything like this again. It hurts. A lot.

Thank you.

With love.

Stefany said...

Woo! Keith Moon!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Alriiiight Secret. If I add Robert Nichol from Brother Eye, will you shut up & leave me alone? He rocks! Wait, isn't that you? Ah, forget it then.

Secret Squirrel... shhh said...

there is no one in Brother Eye by that name, especially with an incorrect spelling of the last name. The lineup, as printed on all CDs has always been Dwight, Tony, Bobby and Leslie.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Shhhh...........my bad! You know I can't spell- don't take it personal like.

Bobby it is! Hope practice went well you SOB!

Unknown said...

I love to watch Mick Fleetwood play. He gets so into it.