Monday, February 9, 2009

IR&R Part III!

Worst Buy!

Once again I apparently JUST DON'T GET IT! So there I am at Best Buy (a necessary evil in my life) attempting to purchase the Robert Plant/Alison Krauss CD (Raising Sand) and looking around the store. Granted it's midday, but There is only one line with one cashier, and it's almost at a standstill! All I want is one lousy (hopefully not-I've heard good things) CD! Are we not in a recession? Do they want us lowly consumers to purchase goods from their evil den of retaility? I see several employees standing around, but can they see fit to open another register to keep their customers happy? Apparently not! Too much work.

As I've mentioned MANY times, I'm not a very patient man. I tried not to make a scene. I'm a very passionate person. I dramatically (well, not really) placed the CD down. Quietly muttered some advise to pass on to the manager to one of the standing around employees and left.

Yes, they most likely didn't care. Yes, they most likely found me quite amusing, and yes I left empty handed, and yes I'll be returning in the next couple of days (in disguise of course) with my tail between my legs, but the disc is a bargain at 10 bucks! Ahhrrrggg!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my advice. Buy yourself an IPOD and you will no longer have to tolerate the morons at Best Buy, Walmart, or Target.

Almost instant gratification when you want to download an entire CD or you can pick and choose single tunes--way cheaper in the long run, darling, and think of all the plastic jewel cases you'll avoid collecting (i.e., polluting the universe)!

I've got that CD on my Ipod too--love the song "Rich Woman". ;)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Oh Teasia- why don't I listen to you more often?!

I'd rather have an actual RICH woman, but it's a good tune! ;^)

I'm glad you've stopped back to visit. It's been a while. Missed you.

Stefany said...

Yes, iPods are very nice. I still admit to buying some CD's though (they have to be really good). Why? Because I don't have one of those things to listen to your iPod in the car. Or that plug in radio thing so I can listen at home.

Man, I hate technology...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I'm still old school. miss albums/records. I like something tangible in my hands. I'm a visual touchie-feelie (sometimes old fashioned) kinda guy. I know CD's aren't earth friendly, but I like the cool artwork, liner notes/lyrics & crap!

I dislike (hate's a strong word) technology more than you Stef! Na-Na, I win!

Unknown said...

I think this goes across the Best Buy stores. This happens to me every time I go to the one near me, no matter what day I go or time of day I go. Standing in line for at least 20 to 30 minutes is pretty typical. I'd sooner go to Borders for the Plant/Krauss CD, which I've heard very good things about. Granted I'd probably pay more at Borders, but at least the service is better at the checkout counter.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

You speak wisdom as usual Cate, however I'm a B&N loyalist & cannot set foot in Boarders. Besides, Boarders doesn't seem to have the vibe I'm goin' for.