Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WEIRD & STRANGE but TRUE!

This is a good one!

So I'm at work when I hear my name over the police radio, which is quite unusual these days. Then I hear my name being called over the PA system, this is somewhat unusual. Then the phone in my office rings, which IS quite common.

It's the dispatch center, who've been trying to reach me because they received a complaint of a naked man in the cemetery (where I live-really!), running around and rolling in the dirt. It took me several moments until I was convinced they weren't kidding- The whole payback thing and all. Actually I think the only reason they were trying to contact me was because they wanted to make sure I wasn't the naked guy!

Turns out a citizen was visiting a grave when they observed a young Hispanic man garbed in only his birthday suit, frolicking among the dearly departed. Several units arrived at the scene, along with the rescue squad. They wrapped him up in a blanket while attempting to ascertain his identity. He apparently had a cell phone on his person (I don't even want to think about where he was keeping it!) which the authorities used to contact the naked mans family- hope they were wearing rubber gloves!

The guy was packed up in the ambulance and shipped off to a local hospital for observation. I haven't read the official reports yet, but unsurprisingly he was quite disoriented, not quite aware of who he was, and where he was. I was told he was trying to find Jesus. I wasn't aware Jesus was lost. He can't get lost anyway, he has a GPS system! The guy might have had better luck at a church then at a cemetery!

All this excitement in my own backyard! You can't make this stuff up. True story- Swear to the big G!

3 comments:

Stefany said...

That is pretty funny! And disturbing. Good thing you weren't sitting on your back porch during the time... What a site that would have been!

Also, glad to hear the guy wasn't you... Yet, you WERE gone for quite a while from the ol' blogger.

Hmmm...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Yes it is/was- much like myself! I swear it WASN'T me......or was it? ;^)~

Yeah- took a bit of a break. Not very motivated, nor inspired to write. You know me, I tend to be a binge blogger. Nothing or all at once! :-)

Unknown said...

Ah, the scene Neil Gaiman left out of The Graveyard Book.