Thursday, February 5, 2009

Word Verification Fun!

I must be bored as I've truly been enjoying the words the folks at Blogger come up with that you must type in the little box in order to have high priority security clearance just to leave a comment.

Who actually picks these words? It is a part time position for a little old lady in retirement to make a few extra bucks on the side? I suspect it's more likely an evil government run automated system, much like the department of defence computer as seen in the film War Games. "Want to play a (word verification) game?"

I'm not exactly sure of the point of it all. On most sites, such as Craig's List, the WV word is almost impossible to read! Can someone out there in cyberspace enlighten me............................or not.

If you find yourself as bored as I usually am, when you leave a comment post the WV & make up your own definition for the word. It's fun kids, and we'll be starting a new trend at Blogger that may have repercussions felt around the globe.......................or not.

So play along won't you (some of you already have to my delight) you'll be glad you did, and you'll find a gentle peace and serenity overcome you to the point where you may fall asleep. Actually that probably happens by simply reading my posts!

One other thing, I just wanted to thank EVERYONE whose kind enough to follow my humble blog &/or those that occasionally leave the mysterious or anonymous comment. It truly means a lot.

6 comments:

Zany said...

Now, I know what you were talking about, in the comment you left on my blog :).
Okay, I am gonna give it a try.
"belenso": sounds Italian. (That's all I got). Sorry.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Actually Z, you are indeed CORRECT! It's Italian for depression. "Been-so-low". OK, that was lame, I'm tired.

Question- Zany is the good kind of crazy, correct? The funny/silly kind?

Unknown said...

And have you noticed how close the word verification is to an actual word?

For instance, to post this comment, the word verification is "comenlee," which looks like a phonetic version of "commonly."

As a word person, I pay way too much attention to this stuff.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Cate, MOST people don't pay ENOUGH attention to words, so as far as Websters is concerned you're still cool! I'm sure the WV game will grow old quickly, but I fear I'm a little light on interesting posts.

"comenlee" would apply if you had a friend Lee who was lagging behind, or perhaps a common Asian last name? That was in NO way meant to offend. Could happen.

Zany said...

>>Question- Zany is the good kind of crazy, correct? The funny/silly kind?

Yes, it is. But is there a bad kind :P?

My WV: anableg...hmmm no idea what it means. But I think it's very impressive that you can come up with these meanings. Very creative :).

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Thank You Z!
I try to be creative- it's all I gotz!

Yes-I've met MANY zany BAD! I'm talkin' nutz- unstable- crazy- insane! NO fun at all! Well, I guess you get the picture. Most of them were women, so I guess I only have myself to blame. Crazy is as crazy does!
:-{

"anableg"? Ana Bleg from Germany? Wow- I got nothin'!