Friday, March 27, 2009

BIGger Heads Prevail!

I took my friend & her daughter out for dinner a few nights ago to celebrate her daughters birthday- 12th, I think.

There were quite a few discussions that evening, but there was one in particular that stood out & touched my soul to it's very foundation. The conversation was between myself ("C") & my friends daughter ("T"). Although I can't recall the conversation verbatim, I will to the best of my humble ability, attempt to accurately paraphrase. Please try to follow along.

The topic of conversation (brought up by "T") Began with John Travolta for whatever reason.

"T"- You (meaning me) look a little like John Travolta, but with less hair.
"C"- Really? Thanks, I guess.
"T"- I saw a picture of him recently & his head was bigger than I remember it being when he was in the movie Grease.
"C"- Did you know that he was from New Jersey, like many other famous people.
"T"- Like who?
"C"- Well let's see.....There's me for starters.
"T"- *Blank stare*
"C"- OK, there's quite a few. Wanna hear 'em all.
"T"- *Blank stare continued* Yeah, I guess.
"C"- I'll tell you the one's I know. Tom Cruise, me, Danny DeVeto, me, Jack Nicholson, me, Bruce Springsteen, me, BonJovi, me, Meryl Streep, me, Anne Hathaway......
"T"- looking around the restaurant with a bored blank stare.
"T"- You still haven't told me why his head got so big.
"C"- Well I'm not sure. Old age I guess? What I mean is, I think as you get older gravity expands your head a bit, not to mention stuff that used to be tighter tends to droop a bit.
"T"- Like you?
"C"- So, what else do you wanna talk about? Oh look, here comes the cake...sigh.

4 comments:

annieb165 said...

LOL. The last bit is very amusing.

Stefany said...

Ha, ha! That was a good post...

I see you're secretly braggin' about resembling John Travolta. You've mentioned this, what, 7 times?

Any way, some celebs born around/in Cleveland are Lebron James, Halle Berry, Katie Holmes, Patricia Heaton, Drew Carey, Arsenio Hall, Molly Shannon, Terrence Howard, Dave Grohl (Nirvana & Foo Fighters), Marilyn Manson, Wes Craven, and Paul Newman.

I can't believe I took the time to research that. Sigh...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Come on B, ALL of it's VERY amusing! It's OK to say it.
;^)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

That's not fair Stef, I don't secretly brag about anything! Besides, it's actually 6 times.

OK, I'll give ya Grohl- meh for the rest. NJ rocks Stef! Remember it's quality NOT quantity! :-)

Actually it's kinda cool how Ms. Holmes & Mr. Cruise are from our respective states. Although Ohio's not nearly as cool, I guess NJ & OH belong together.

Yes sweet Stef- It appears you have a bit of time on your hands, but I'd like to think you put in the research time 'cause you like me a little. ;^)