Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Don't Mind at All

The time for talking's over now
I think it's time to let you go,
But I don't, no I don't mind at all
It's getting so you never know
When things are better left alone
But I don't, no I don't mind at all


*CHORUS*
It's important to me
that I don't see you laughing at me
But I'm smart enough to know
that I have to let you go
But I don't mind at all


Sentiments and tears will get you as far as
you might think they will
But I don't, no I don't mind at all
Misery loves company
But she will never fit the bill
But I don't, no I don't mind at all


*REPEAT CHORUS*


Seven years ago I said
good-bye to my own sanity
But I don't, no I don't
No I don't mind at all

-Bourgeois Tagg


I heard this song recently & can't get it out of my head. It's a great song that seems timeless to me, although I believe it was released in the 90's? Good lyrics, (which I should heed!) as well as a very nice string arrangement. If you haven't heard it, check it out.

7 comments:

tia-juana said...

I never heard this before but (sorry) really not impressed. Sounds like a European band, and the lyrics seem confused.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Sorry, I know your a really big Bee-Gees fan. If I recall your very much into Elvis & The Village People as well.

You don't even like the weeping strings arrangement?! Have you no heart woman?!

PS- the confused lyrics are WHY I like it so much! I think the lyrics are supposed to be contradictory to the way he's ACTUALLY feeling. Much like life.

Unknown said...

Well, Blueberry Girl was written specifically for moms and daughters (if you look it up, you'll get the origins of the story).

I have British and Irish ancestry, if that's what you mean.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Yes I was uninformed about BG- Oh well...

I wasn't sure if you were off the boat Cate- The words you choose & the way you write made me think that for some reason. Perhaps it's all the knitting & baking you do, along w/all that tea drinking! ;^)

tia-juana said...

Sorry, but what are weeping strings?

If lyrics are contradictory, then how do you know what the singer is trying to say? The words sound like he is just having one big pity party!

And was that a swipe at my unsophisticated music background?

Anonymous said...

I wanted to hear the song so I looked it up on itunes (which usually has everything) but not this one.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I'm VERY surprised it's NOT on iTunes UJ- I do know however the vid is on BOO-TUBE!