Friday, March 6, 2009

I See My Bedroom & I Want To Paint It...?

I recently got the go ahead to have my bedroom painted. It's only been about 19 years! When I first moved in I was determined to have the 2 bedrooms painted "battle Ship" gray, with a darker shade of gray for all the molding. I really dug it at the time, thinking it was pretty cool.

Fast forward approximately 19 years. Not so cool. What was I thinking? Actually it's still kinda cool- sorta, perhaps, & maybe. Several years ago the Powers that be at the cemetery were kind enough to have my apartment painted, albeit not the 2 bedrooms. After much demeaning yet humbling pleading, they relented & will allow me to have my bedroom, unfortunately not the second bedroom painted while kindly picking up the tab.

There in lies my dilemma. I'm trying to put a positive spin on the room, hopefully bringing about some good karma that will possibly relieve some of my insomnia. I've read that pink is a good color for babies rooms, rubber rooms, & jail cells, but I'm not convinced it would be beneficial to me, although it could calm my instability!

I'm leaning towards either a pale green or blue, although blue is the color of depression. I was really keen on red, but red is the color of passion so that's pointless. :-)

It appears most of the regular readers of FLAST are of the female persuasion, & I would welcome your points of view, opinions, insight, & any & all enlightenment you could offer me. Thanks in advance of your anticipated comments.

At least at this moment, I'm sure I want to have my red door painted black!

7 comments:

Stefany said...

http://www.joeysbeachhouse.com/about/files/BIGblocks_image_7_1.jpg

How about a tuscan-y color? Very soothing...

I'm so wonderful that I sent you a link!

Stefany said...

Damn, the link didn't work...

Just go to google and type in "tuscan queen bedroom" in images and see the 4th picture. I like it better than pale green or grey...

At one point in my life, I wanted to become an interior designer. Gosh, I used to love TLC...

tia-juana said...

Pale green is a great color - but which one to choose? It may be hard to match with new bedding, though - which of course you'll have to get once your walls are painted.
I also like Stefany's idea of tuscany - if it's the light orangey-yellow color I have in my mind (but not too orangey). It's warm and bright but not too bright. You need a little "lightness" wolfe.
Not to mention a good night's sleep (or 2 or 3).
Maybe one bedroom can be tuscany and the other can be pale green. Green is sharp.

And, don't forget you'll need at least two coats to cover up all that battleship gray!

Hope this was helpful..

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Thanks Stef, even though you B&M about my tech abilities! ;^)

I'll check it out even though the name, Joeys Beach House sounds like a creepy suspicious set-up!

Yes, Stefany, your WONDERFUL.....sigh

C. Louis Wolfe said...

It was helpful Tia, thanks!

Fortunately I won't be doing the painting nor the paying. I'm certainly not gonna go out to buy new bedding just to match the new color! Women....sheesh!

I prefer retro Pee-Wee for my decor anyway! ;^)~

Unknown said...

I actually have blue walls in my bedroom - heh heh, the color is called "blue collar." It depends on the shade of blue you choose. There are some nice bright blues that are very comforting to look at

Can they put paint samples on your wall so you can see what they look like in different types of light? That way, you know what you're getting into before you have entire walls done.

Ever since I read "The Yellow Wallpaper," by Charlotte Perkins Gilman I've disliked yellow walls.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

"Blue collar" in the bed room Cate? Really, sometimes I don't know what to think of you! ;^)

Thanks for the tips, I went to Home Depot yesterday to pick up some of those paint sample card thingies.

"Yellow Wallpaper"? Tell me more.