Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Disbanded?

Last night our bands bassist & me got into a bit of a tiff, quarrel, row, disagreement, misunderstanding. Whatever it was, he decided he would call it a night leaving rehearsal early. I attempted to patch things up to no avail. These things happen. A band is much like a family relationship & at times, similar to a passionate romantic relationship. By that I mean the more time you spend together, the more apt you are to experiencing one or more of the above listed events. That's one of many reasons bands break up frequently. Does that make any sense? Please don't kiss the drummer.

I'm hoping (occasionally being adults & all) we can work through this & that what occurred doesn't spell the end for Playback. In the scheme of things, it wasn't that big of a deal in the sense that there was no bloodshed nor valuable large & heavy items thrown. We'll see what happens. It would be a shame to end this thing before it really gets started. I'll just chalk it up to an off night. Sounds more upbeat & positive, yes?


For craps sake, we haven't even played our first official gig yet.

On a positive note, someone representing the festival we're set to play came to hear us & she was impressed. Even more so when I slyly passed her the envelope containing $100.00

5 comments:

Stefany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stefany said...

I hope you guys resolve this argument so you can POST A LINK to your band's songs!

You know I'll keep pestering you...

So, is it laziness? Still not very technologically advanced?

Or, are you just too ch- ch- chicken to let the world hear you gentleman at last?!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Did YOU delete that 1st comment young Stefany?! You know how I feel about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!

Actually in my defense, we haven't posted any songs yet- just lame pics! That's the MAIN reason I haven't posted a link- Oh & because I'm laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

PS- Are you co-co-cold Stef? How did you know I lo-lo-love chicken unlike you phony vegetarians! :-)

Oh, & I'm technologically disadvantaged! It's not nice to make fun of the handicapped. Reel it in young lady!