Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Something Stinks 'Round Here!

Do you know those ads in magazines for Cologne & perfume, the one's with the flap you peel away to get a whiff of the product? Do you actually peel the flap allowing the scent to become airborne, enveloping you in all it's chemical glory, or do you fight the temptation & urge because you're extremely sensitive to smells & odors & fear a nasty bumpy itchy hive outbreak?

The other day I came across one of those ads in a men's mag that I found myself accidentally reading when it fell off the rack into my hands- nice catch by the way! I wanted to know what the dude in the ad might smell like. He smelled nice, but please don't take that in the wrong context.

I sadly couldn't look like Mr. Adonis, but perhaps I could smell like him. I considered the magical possibility that this scent mixed with my own bewitching pheromones, in an alchemy of manliness, would cause any woman that crossed my path to be overcome with yearnings undiscovered. Suddenly Blinded to my actual looks, causing me (in their eyes) to transform into the GQ/Details man of their dreams!

Being the quintessential Virgo male, I drove around for days with the smelly papyrus ad keeping me company in the passenger seat. It wasn't until someone mentioned that my car smelled like a New Orleans whorehouse, that I should throw it away &/or man up & actually purchase a bottle of the concoction. Fifty dollars later, I had the ca-log-nee in my possession & I was spritzing up a storm. Unfortunately I think I liked it more when it was on the paper.

AH-CHOO! Suddenly I feel itchy ALL over!

6 comments:

Wandering Appalachian said...

What was the name?

Most men's cologne has the opposite effect on me!

tia-juana said...

I throw those things away without actually touching the paper - I dread those inserts. They give me headaches.

However, the right cologne can never be underestimated.

I did the same thing: I smelled something new in a lady's clothing store but didn't buy the fragrance until I had a chance to smell the sample for about 2 weeks. (I haven't changed perfumes in about 25 years - yikes!) Glad I did though cause now I love it.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

The name G is *drumroll* DKNY MEN, how clever no?
If ever you smell it, think of me....or not. :-)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

25 years Tia? Really?! You are a loyalist aren't you. Glad you took a chance. See, now your smelly in a different way! ;^)~

Stefany said...

I don't read enough magazines w/ those little samples in them... Tis a shame, since I do love 'em. When I was younger, I ordered CatFancy. Then DogFancy (even though I've never had a dog).

Just thought you'd like to know... not.

I ramble.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Yes you do ramble Setz, but you're CUTE! You're one of a kind, & one is enough!
:-)

I never knew Dog & Cat Fancy magazines had ads for cologne in them. I sure hope they don't smell like wet fur! Wait is the cologne for the pets or their people?! ;^)