Friday, March 20, 2009

Oh The Irony!!!

I awoke today with great anticipation, ready to herald & embrace the first day of spring. I would celebrate the seasons rebirth. I would welcome the birds singing, the bees buzzin', the bulbs bloomin' , &...........the snow falling??!! W-H-A-T is up with that?

Now I happen to be a BIG fan of irony, especially dark, brooding, humorous irony, but even this situation was almost too much for me to bare. Oh, the humanity!

Despite the dismal weather, it is the official start of spring, & to honor that I thought I would bestow a little poem upon your unsuspecting eyes. Please don't close them.

I'll call it- "In Honor of The First Day of Spring-Even Though it's Snowing."

Spring has sprung or so they say
To chase the winter blues away
Winter fights back tooth & nail
To delay the change if not derail
A last attempt at winters dread
I think I'll just go back to bed

Out like a lion I guess.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I think you must be channeling Dorothy Parker.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Haven't you figured it out yet Cate? I'm Dorothy Parker. Welcome to my vicious circle!

Unknown said...

Dottie as a drummer. Who would have thought?

Wandering Appalachian said...

Yeah, I got married---on 3.14! Cate was one of the bridesmaids! ;) It was an amazing, beautiful day. I'll be posting pics as I get them!

Anonymous said...

I get such a kick out of irony. Really I do. Story #1...I was in a bad car accident in 94, blocks from my house. I was unconscious, badly hurt and remembered virtually nothing. A few months later I had to go to an insurance doctor or an exam. In the room with me was my mom, the doc and a nurse. After the exam was over, doc left the room and the nurse closed the door. She asked me if the accident happened on Garden Street and I was numb, couldn't believe what I was hearing. The day of the accident she had just pulled into her drive way and saw my frinds car drive right up the telephone poll. She immediately ran over to us to find me unresponsive and covered in blood. She told me she didn't think I was alive. Brought me to tears. Point being....how ironic that I would have gone to that particular doc's office and she was the nurse in the room during the exam. That completely wowed me. I am still blown away. But again....love the irony.

Story #2 will come along soon....need to keep you anticipating. :)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

UJ, If you appreciate irony so much I've got some shirts that could use some! Oh, & I'll need them by Thursday! ;-)

You're killin' me w/story #2 for craps sake!