Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Who Watches The Watchmen?"

This highly anticipated film (at least by geeks & gorks) opens Friday 03/06/09. It's based on a 1986 graphic novel by Alan Moore (writer- who demanded his name be removed from anything having to do with the film- he's funny that way) & Dave Gibbons (artist) respectively. The book is praised by both The NY Times, as well as fanboys world wide. I must confess I haven't read the whole book, although yesterday I picked up the "motion comic" dvd in order to reacquaint myself before seeing the film.

The film is directed by Zack Snyder (Dawn of the Dead- remake & 300). One of my favorite publications (NY Post) gave it 4 out of 4 stars! It's touted as the un-filmable thinking mans (or woman's) movie.

I look forward to seeing it & hope to review it here at FLAST in the not too distant future. By the way "gork" = geek & dork amalgamated.

2 comments:

Stefany said...

"Dorks" are way cooler than "geeks" in my book!

Any way, the preview to this movie looks pretty awesome/intense. And I'm excited about the visuals since 300 had such a different look than anything I've ever seen on screen (besides Sin City).

It will probably be a good theatre film. I MIGHT see it...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I kinda fit in the "gork" category. Am I still cool?...kinda?

"You MIGHT see it"? You WILL see it!, & report back immediately.