Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Circle Of Life

The shape of a circle has always appealed to me, but I don't know why. This question has been bouncing around my deluded head since the dawn of mankind, or at least from the approximate time I became slightly more aware of myself & occasionally the world around me. I'm so selfish. Is it eternal life, as displayed by the ancient symbol of a snake swallowing it's own tail? Hmmm, not sure.

Other things in the shape of a circle that appeal to me are- hoop earrings (yes, worn by a woman!), the Target store symbol, coins, full moons (but not hi-nees. ok, sometimes), stuff like that. There are other shapes that appeal to me, however I find myself constantly drawn to this (not so?) mysterious shape.

Please, tell me why- WHY?!
Analyze away fine loyalist readers of FLAST.

5 comments:

tia-juana said...

Here are some of my guesses:
a circle is smooth, easy on the eyes, and calming. I think of the full moon, and the shape a drop of water makes in a pond.

The Target store symbol is easy: circles can be fun places to be!

If you walk in circle, you will never get lost, but you will never get anywhere either.

WV: acccel - to go a little fast, or change your mind while stepping on the gas pedal!

Stefany said...

No mention of the lotto winners in Jersey? Did you play? I did... pitched in $2.00.

As for circles, I think of them as very open and complete (full). Yet, they don't fit in with other circles (as opposed to triangles with other triangles and etc...). Also, the circle is not as structured as, let's say, the square. In general, the circle appears to be simple but it is actually rather complex.

Okay, I think I went too far with a fairly simple question. I tried my best, really!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Hi Tia- I think you may be on to something. The full moon didn't even occur to me, & ME bein' a WOLF & all! I'll have to edit.

Fun place to be unless your spending MORE $$$ than intended, however once & a while you may come across a familiar face! :-)

Your WV is good- I'd add to do really well at something w/an "A"!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

A small group (of about 10?) that work in South Jersey won. :-(

I played, but alas sadly did not win. If I won, I would not be typing this now! :-)

Stef, sometimes you make my head spin in circles- really! ;^)~

You do however mostly rawk!

Anonymous said...

I found something for you.

"The circle, then, is the basis for (creates and is) reality"

http://www.circular-theory.com/introduction/

ps. I've already patted myself on the back :)