Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades!

Today after work I have an appointment for a reading. I'm not exactly sure why I scheduled it. What is some witchy (no offence LI) woman gonna tell me by playing Texas Hold 'Em. I suppose she could read my palm as long as she doesn't use paint. She won't be able to read my tea leaves as I'm a staunch supporter of the java kind.

It all started last weekend when I went into the local wacky new age shop in town. It's called Success Express, and since I desperately need some in a speedy manner (I'm all about instant gratification!) I thought I'd stop in to see how much they charge for expedited good fortune. You can smell this place from blocks away with all the candles and incense they sell. It's a bit overwhelming, almost to the point of regurgitation. I don't know how the employees stand it. I guess they're used to it, and they're on the payroll.

When I was told by the cute willowy witchy chick employee that they did not sell it, and that I had to find it for myself, I became a disgruntled customer. As I was leaving, a book for new mothers (see earlier post) and some wind chimes caught my eye. Despite being disgruntled, I made my purchases and was making a hasty exit when the cute willowy witchy girl asked me if I wanted a reading. I asked her if she meant something like a bedtime story. After what seemed like hours of awkward silence and several eye rolls, she explained what she meant, even though I knew and just like to mess with people because I'm a bit of a shit.

Fearing the deep dark truths she might reveal, I declined. She told me to think about it. I did, and later made my fateful appointment. I figured if I looked at it like some local Vegas entertainment, it could be fun. Besides she was kinda cute in a willowy witchy girl kind of way. Did I mention that already?

So now I'm at work bidding my time until the witching hour which for me will be 16:45 hours or 4:45 pm in Euros. I hope she doesn't turn me into a toad, she did have a wart on her nose for crap sake! Stay tuned.

10 comments:

Stefany said...

How exciting! I almost got a reading done a few months back. I say almost since the chubby dude (who looked very familiar) had to leave and was only going to "read" one more person... I was tempted to ask everyone in line who had the biggest problem. That would be the only fair way, no?

tia-juana said...

did she mention my name? lie to me. (thanks)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

What's wrong w/chubby dudes? They're often cuddly & need lovin' just like everybody else! Once again Stef-open your mind. Spread you wings & fly!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

CORRECTION- That would be YOUR wings.

I'm such a Virgo, it kills me.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I would NEVER lie to you TJ as far as your aware. ;-)

The cards showed lot's of angry women w/swords, whatever that means.

Unknown said...

As Campion would say, "it's always instructive to find out what's going to happen next."

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Campion?
Cate I never seem to see what's comin' next & most of the time I don't want to! ;-)

After yesterday's reading, I certainly don't want to!

LittleIsis said...

Do you mean she did a Tarot reading on you, Mr. Wolfe?
lots of angry women with swords...
you big goof!
Hey well, I am a cute Willowy Witchy Girl, is that the only reason you even like me???
*pouts*
(I have given Stefany readings before, just ask her!)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

LI- Yes it was the terrible tarot, which looks like it should rhyme w/carrot, but it doesn't, does it. Is it French? Their words are so suave & elegant!

You're so much MORE than willowy-now stop pouting! It doesn't look good on you!

tia-juana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.