Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Monkey in a Cage

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but in the building where I work, I'm situated waaaay in the back, in a room with no windows known as "The Ice Box." It's called the ice box because the room must be kept cool because of all the electronics (computer servers 'n crap) contained therein. Our department is already regulated to the basement of the building, so that adds insult to my injuries. I'm not sure however if it's as bad as that guy has it in (the film) Office Space. Besides, I don't have a red stapler.

The past week the air conditioner in the box has been on the fritz, (what does that mean anyway?) so the door to my office must remain W-I-D-E open to encourage air circulation until the damn contraption is repaired. Many, many, (did I say many) souls (and soulless) pass by throughout the day, staring wide eyed at me as they do. It's making me furious! Now I know how Hannibal Lecter felt behind his Plexiglas enclosure. I feel like a freak in a sideshow. I try to ignore it, but I have amazing peripheral vision and I don't miss a thing. Thanks for letting me vent.

I feel like a monkey in a cage with NO bananas! I'm not here for you're amusement. Stay away from the cage or I'll be forced to fling my poo! I apologize for that last part, but that's what monkeys do.

4 comments:

Stefany said...

Guys that look like child rapists like to stare at me at work. It's not a fun enviorment.

Maybe I'll turn into a carnie (is that how you spell it? I've never had to spell "carnie.")

More rambling ^

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Have you ever asked them what type of rapists they actually are? Don't be prejudice. Perhaps they're not rapists at all, & only serial killers. Try to open your mind a bit, OK?

Do you know what a carny is? If you worked the carnival circut what type of sideshow freak do you think you'd like to be?

There's that forsaken ^ again?

Stefany said...

I'm using the ^ as an arrow...

My carnie talent would be..... making light bulbs burn out! I know, not too exciting. But maybe I could teach Dirty Harry (lovely lizard) to stand on my head while I'm doing it.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I can't believe Mr.Squirrel has nothing to say about monkeys!