Monday, January 12, 2009

"The Leave Behind"

Ladies, (or men who dress like them) I need your perspective.

Do you intentionally leave stuff at a guys place on purpose to see or hear from him again? Throughout the course (which has apparently run it's course) of my dating career, I've had many incidents of the classic "leave behind". It could be any kind of item that the woman or women- depending on how much of a stud or dud you are, leaves. Perhaps something as simple as a hair clip, bobbi pin, or make-up, OR something much more personal and intimate that needs not to be addressed here on my all ages blog.

Now I'm not trying to insinuate that these are all intentional "oopsies", but I'm curious as to if this phenomenon is leaning more towards an intentional and sneakily subtle and subversive act. Is it possible this is the female version of marking ones territory? I must be honest in saying it makes me a bit anxious when a woman does this, but that's another matter to work through in therapy.

Enlightenment only. Inquiring males the world over (or just me) want to know. Thank you for your time, have a nice day.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never done this. Actually, it's never even occurred to me to do this. However, there is a certain episode of Sex and the City that may have inspired women to try it. Unfortunately, I've seen instances in which women assume that what worked on that show must work in real life. Sad.

Will said...

I've been the victim of said phenomenon on several occasions.

Stefany said...

Or that episode in Seinfeld. With George leaving his giant fur hat behind.

Sigh, I have no life ^

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Cate- yes it is sad, unless it's someone I'm interested in & like to see again. It wouldn't hurt if she was rich & left behind some ca$h! ;^)

I'm one of the few hetero males who's a BIG fan of S&TC!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Will- I'm not sure I like the term "victim". ;-}

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Sweet Stef- Seinfeld so stole that from me! As a matter o' fact I'm on the phone w/my lawyer as I type this. They are so sued!

You DO have a life. You read my blog!