Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Scared Sh!tless!

There are cameras in the building where I work. EVERYWHERE! Can you say big brother/micro managing?

I've been known to skulk and roam the halls seeking potential victims to scare. Sometimes I triumph, most times I don't, but it's ALWAYS fun to try. Unfortunately by now most people are cautious, expecting me to be lurking, ready to pounce upon my helpless pray at any given moment.

There is one camera-less hallway in the building and it's conveniently located in the back by me. This is one of my favorite places to position myself for a stealthy strike. Fortunately my immediate supervisor (I won't dignify him with superior) occasionally passes by, embroiled in the losing ADHD battles raging (much like myself) in his head. He tends to not pay much attention to his immediate surroundings.

As I was exiting the "Ice Box" (see earlier post) I caught him out of the corner of my (left) eye about to emerge from the doors farther down the hallway from my office, about to head in my direction. Seeing this to be an especially fortuitous moment, I felt it was my duty and prime directive to facilitate a fright.

I could hear him walking down the hallway, rapidly approaching my position. In moments like this timing means EVERYTHING! Too soon or too late and it's all for naught. I hid in a doorway in full on glee, silently giggling like a mischievous evil school boy. I could hear my heart beating in my inner ears. A light coating of perspiration infiltrating my brow. Almost there............almost.................just a little closer, and WHAM! I sprung from my hiding spot like a clown on a turbo powered pogo stick.

He hesitated slightly and went red. Oh crap, I thought. He's having a heart attack! He began to bend over like he was goin' down. This was it. I'm finally gonna get fired. ten to twenty in the big house! He suddenly stood up straight (he's a really skinny & somewhat tall dude)-still red, and began to laugh. Thank God. At one point it looked like he was goin' for his holster. I work here, I don't want to die here like in a scene from a bad spaghetti western.

He took it well, even exclaiming "brilliant!" Is that brilliant as in, now I can legitimately fire him, shoot him, or kick his @$$?! Only time will tell and time can be a harsh mistress. You know what they say about paybacks?

11 comments:

tia-juana said...

it's farther.

And you're nuts. Glad I don't work with you!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

THANKS TJ! I'll correct it. You didn't say how you are or where you've been. You'd LOVE to work w/me!, besides we used to kinda work together, didn't we?

Stefany said...

And how old are you...?

I hope you're not like Elliot in the movie, Bedazzled (with Brendan Frashier).

Love that flick ^

tia-juana said...

yes, you know I'd love to work with you. yes, we did, but as I recall, you weren't jumping out from behind dark corners then. (no sly comments, please!) :)

Been tired, worried, distracted - the usual - but I always follow your blog. Guess I'm just a voyuer at heart. And sometimes I just don't have any comments.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Stef- Are you crackin' on me? Is there a subtle tone of sarcasm I detect in your words?

"How old am I"?! NEVER EVER ask a man his age, it's very unbecoming!

The ONLY thing good about Bedazzled was Elizabeth Hurley. Hubba-Hubba!

PS- What does ^ mean?

C. Louis Wolfe said...

TJ- SORRY your dealing w/so much, and as tempting as it may be, I won't make any sly comments............but I want to so badly! :-)

I'm glad your still a faithful & loyal follower. You make a lovely voyuer!

Leaving comments, even ones you have to make up & that are in NO WAY relevent to my post will ALWAYS make you feel better! ;^)~

Hang in there-Fridays comin'!

Unknown said...

Karma does include jokingly pouncing on others. Don't say you weren't warned...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Cate my dear, methinks you just threw me under da bus!

LittleIsis said...

OH, Wolfe!
Hey wait a minute! I like that movie! Bedazzled.
But I bet you are JUST like Elliot.

Secret Squirrel... shhh said...

Have you ever chatted with the duck from Amsterdam?
He wears the aquamarine derby like no other waterfowl.
He will rob you of your matchbook collection,
And he will call your home at 3am.
He will whisper, "fear the duck who wears the aquamarine derby."
This will not be a problem for you.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

ST- You silly squirrel-Trix are for kids! Stick to your nutz!

The only soul I've ever met in Amsterdam was actually in NEW Amsterdam. It was a little boy who had stuck his finger in a dike. On second thought, perhaps it was Holland. They grow such nice tulips there. I also enjoy their wooden shoes, but they tend to give me blisters. It might be fun to throw them at Presidents though?!