Thursday, January 8, 2009

Get Fuzzy!

I love this weekly comic strip. It appeals to my cynical, sarcastic, although lovable curmudgeonly sensibilities. It revolves around the three main characters. Rob (Human) and his two house pets, Satchel-slightly dimwitted (dog) and Bucky-sneaky, sarcastic, and rude (cat). It's written and drawn with shrewed wit and talent by Darby Coley. If you've not seen it, I strongly encourage you do do so.

Today's strip appealed to me a great deal, and without your permission I'd like to share it with you. Please keep in mind I have yet to figure out how to scan stuff onto this blog, so the visuals are sadly missing. Forgive me.


Interior-Rob's place:

Satchel: This poem writing is a great way to express my feelings!
Bucky: Writing is for movie scripts. Punching is for expression.
S: Have you ever tried writing poetry?
B: Could I write about punching?
S: Could you write about happy things first?
B: I could write about punching happy things first.
S: I'm not sure you're the poet type...
B: Ooo. I'd LOVE to write about punching a poet.

And there you have it.

3 comments:

Stefany said...

I love that comic strip as well!

Great stuff. Gotta love the cynical ones.

Stefany said...

I just read your comments on my blog:
I wasn't talking about you when I said the advice doesn't help. It's just that I've heard, "follow your heart" so many times. But no one ever does it.

By the way, you must have watched Ghost Town the same time as I did! How funny! I thought I'd mention that since I left a comment on your next post about the film...

And yes, I know, I should be ashamed at myself for not seeing Gilbert Grape. I just never got around to it... Same as Wizard of Oz.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I WAS watching "GT" at the EXACT same moment as you! In fact, I peered through my telescope to see where you were in the film so I could synch. up.

"WoO",Meh!
"GG", Boo-Ya!

& yes you should be ashamed-now bow your head, sit in the corner, & think about what you've done! :-)