Monday, January 12, 2009

Meanwhile at the U.C.P.O.

Last week I had to deliver some transmittal's (cases) to the county prosecutors office for review. There's a friendly female receptionist that sits in a bullet proof box on the forth floor. I don't know her well, but we usually make impersonal idle chit-chat when I'm dropping off. I asked how her holidays were and she responded that they were boring, to which I replied, "I find comfort and stability in boredom". I'm not sure what I meant, it just kinda popped outta my mouth like most of the strange things I say without provocation.

An assistant prosecutor or investigator was passing by when I responded and he said, "That's an interesting way of looking at it".

EXACTLY!- I was impressed with myself for a minute or two. I wonder when they're gonna let me take off this electronic ankle monitor. I need some peanut butter from the store.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great bumper sticker motto.

Stefany said...

What was her response?
Did she stare at you and blink numerous times?

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Actually Cate, I think it would make a better bumper sticker or perhaps mouse pad?!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

To be honest Stef, she didn't do either of those things-she simply rolled her eyes back in her head, screamed some unknown profanity in an undetectable language,& quickly left her bullet proof box.