Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Quiet on the Set-Roll Film!

Things seem to be progressing nicely in the film business. The other day I saw some punk loitering around HQ's. I said, "Hey punk, feelin' lucky?" He said, "Why don't-cha choke on a stale donut copper".

I couldn't believe my ears! I grabbed the punk-now turned perp, and threw him hard against a wall, while reading him the riot act. Would you believe that little SOB had the nerve to then say, "I smell bacon!"

Actually I've seen this fine, upstanding young man (kid to me) around the building and recognized him as someone who works at the lame local TV station. I quizzed him about his knowledge of film and my new camcorder in particular. He told me they've been using the same model for some time now. SCORE!

We got together this past weekend and despite a gap in age, it seemed we both shared the same film sensibilities. Cool. He's young-he's hungry-he's gonna help me work on my stuff, and maybe some of his stuff soon. I'm cautiously excited as a Virgo should be.

I'm just tryin' to keep everything in focus! Again with the puns. I'm too much!

2 comments:

tia-juana said...

you are too much - not to mention funny (but I guess you already knew that.) Your posts make me grin a lot. Grinning is better than laughing - it's a kind of feeling that stays with you - ya know?

Seems like you stepped in it - so to speak - these young'uns are very talented in the tech dept.

Cautiously excited - Virgos are experts at measured emotion.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

You can grin, but can you bare it? Wait, that didn't sound right did it? You hopefully know what I meant. What exactly did I mean?!