Monday, January 26, 2009

You Tube Noir

Get thee to You Tube post haste, and search for "The Bloody Olive". A '96 short film (subtitled) by Vincent Bal. I love "film noir", and this short has it in spades! Check it out, you won't be sorry. It's German I think? Yes, no, maybe? Wait, perhaps some strange French dialect?

This is the type (& quality) of film I'm hoping to make one day. I have absolutely no idea what the budget was. Regardless, whether you liked it or not, you can't deny it looks great!

PS- Stef, don't give me $h!t (there I go swearin' again) about not posting it here! Technology frightens me.

8 comments:

Stefany said...

Sigh, Wolfe. I suck at technology as well. But COME ON!

Okay, okay. I'll check out the vid when I'm done reading your MANY posts...

tia-juana said...

hmm.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

"hmm." she types. And by hmm you mean? Don't be so mysterious Tia.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Stefany- Your pic is how I imagine you to look after reading one (or more) of my posts! ;-)

tia-juana said...

"hmm" is my (polite) way of saying that I didn't really like it.
what, you're not a mind reader?

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Used to read minds, now I just read lips & I usually don't like what they're sayin'!-if you know what I'm sayin'.

Unknown said...

Posting a you tube video is easy. Even I can do it, and I know far less about tech stuff than most people.

So usually one is so distracted by watching the video on you tube that they don't see what is around the video. If you can bring yourself to look to the right of the video, you'll see a box, with "URL" and "embed." Right click on the code next to "embed" and click "select all." Then hold down Ctrl key and hit C on your keyboard.

Go to your blog post to edit it or open a new one. Click on the "edit HTML" tab above the box where you'd type your post. Cursor in the box, hold down Ctrl key and hit V on the keyboard, and the code is magically transferred from youtube to yourpost. Type witty text or snarky comments or both. Hit "publish post."

Takes your blog to a whole new level!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I-YI-YI!

Between you & Stef I feel so inadequate. Possibly a bit less manly as well. ;-(

One day I shall triumph & overcome, & then you'll see! What you'll see, I'm not quite sure.

I'd certainly like to take this blog to a whole new level, but I feel somewhat leveled off at the moment, sigh...