Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Shake, Rattle, and Roll!

Aside from any menopausal women (no disrespect) reading, have you ever woken up at night absolutely freeeezing, even while safe and tucked beneath the covers?

Last night I woke up freezing only about forty five minutes into sleeping. I got out of bed shivering so much it hurt. My muscles were contracting and my teeth were chattering loudly. After a quick bathroom break I returned to bed, but not before putting some sweats on. I shortly thereafter awoke sweating profusely. WTF! Was the heat broken? Was it possibly some kind of supernatural occurrence? The second one is a distinct possibility residing at a cemetery.

I've recently been trying to shake a bad head cold and estimate I am at 90% functional capacity. I woke feeling groggy, (as usual) but not terribly sick either, and arrived at work a bit late as usual.

Is there a doctor, exorcist, or ghost hunter in the house? 

7 comments:

Stefany said...

Hmmm, never happened to me.

Although I do shiver a lot when leaving the cinema since I always go past 9:00pm. I CAN NOT see a movie during the day. It just doesn't work that way... I shiver all the way to the car and then in the seats.

I even shiver (slightly) in the summer. The temp out could be 70. Mind games...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

May I suggest a coat &/or jacket. Perhaps a matching scarf & hat as well.

Stefany said...

That is the point! I'm bundled up, but I still shiver. It's warm, and I still shiver.

I love the cold, though.

I become a hermit in the summer.

Unknown said...

Did you happen to eat any carbs before going to bed? Could be from that.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

You know what Doctor Cate, you may be right. If I was a super hero I would be Captain Carbs!

Can you tell me more about this curious carb connection. I heard carbs were actually good before you go to be as they tend to make you sleepy. I tend to be an insomniac.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Stef- I can't imagine it's because you have a cold heart. I'd be VERY surprised! Perhaps it's just a circulatory problem of some unknown origin. Does blood run thin in your genes? NOT your pants silly-your family. This is NO time to be exceptionally witty, charming, and funny. Wait-are we speaking of me now?!

Once again-great minds Stef. I prefer the fall. Cool or cold over hot/humid.

tia-juana said...

I have just gotten over something similar. Out of no where, I got the chills, a fever, body aches, and the worst cold of my life! I was taking tylenol and advil to stave off the fever and it worked - after 3 days. Could not get warm for anything. And I could not sleep. Feeling better today, TG.

I recommend bed rest, fluids and a warm blanket.