Saturday, January 24, 2009

Perhaps a Bit of Rockin', But Mostly Rollin'

Rehearsal went better than expected. Perhaps because it had been a bit over a month since the boys had jammed together. Who knows. We weren't as rusty as we expected. We're not exactly starting from square one, however we do need to learn more tunes if we're eventually gonna play out which I'm hankering to do. It's been too many years since I've heard the mighty roar and applause of the crowds. Actually it may have been boos. It's hard to hear over the music.

We apparently do have an actual gig scheduled for April playing in town at a lame outdoor festival known as the "spring fling". Marvelous! Actually, at this point a gigs a gig. I'd like to play out sooner. We'll see. It's a humbling experience to go from playing in front of hundreds to playing in front of.............................................................crickets and sage brush! ;^)

In other music matters, Springsteen has a new disc that streets on 01/27/09. I'm looking forward to it although I didn't really dig the title track. I'll cut him some slack 'cause he's a Jersey boy and a real down to earth good guy.

2 comments:

Stefany said...

I LOVE Springsteen! He won for best song in the film, The Wrestler... I like Rourke as well. I guess this film is his comeback, no? But I'm not sure he should have thanked his dogs during the Golden Globe Awards. Hell, I love my lizard and cat. But I'm not gonna thank my chihuahua in front of Morgan Freeman...

By the way, congrats on the gig!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I really wanna see The Wrestler, but I fear I'll miss it. I feel overwhelmed w/all the flicks I should be seeing.

Thanks for the congrats.