Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ghost Hunting

I've always been fascinated with the supernatural, especially when it comes to ghosts, although I'm not sure what I truly believe. I do believe that "ghosts" or whatever they actually are, whether it be demons or angels, or something altogether different, exist.

It's possible that there may be other planes of existence that very few of us can see. Apparently young children and animals are adept and quite sensitive to things that go bump in the night.

I'm aware that there's basically two types of hauntings- intellectual, where the entity wants to interact with you, whether it's looking for help and/or guidance, or just to scare the shit out of you 'cause it's bored and angry! The other type is a residual haunting which is said to be a deep memory imprinted in an area or on an object. To see it, it would appear almost as a film clip showing the same action over and over again. It's unaware of your presence and would continue whether you were there or not.

One of my favorite TV shows (& there are few) is Ghost Hunters on the SciFi Channel. I've only seen it televised once or twice, but have all the seasons released on DVD thus far. I just began watching Season 4- part 1. Even though nothing usually happens, it's still interesting to me. The first few seasons were more enjoyable due to the hijinks and dramas from the living as opposed to the nothing from the dead.

I've loved this stuff since I was a kid. Kids won't admit it, but most like to be scared. At least from the small stuff like scary TV shows and movies, not real world stuff which is more frightening then any of that made up stuff. My friends and I used to play in the cemetery where I now live which I think is very cool. In fact, I'm the only one on the grounds who wakes up (barely) in the morning!

Getting back to the TV show, One of my co-workers is the brother of one of the investigators ("Tango") on the show. I've met most of the cast a few times and they're pretty cool, especially Grant and Jason. Several times I've tried to insinuate myself onto the show to absolutely no avail. Today I spoke with my former chief who is apparently pretty tight with the guys and he said he's really gonna push for me to at least go on one televised investigation. That would be awesome. We'll see.

The show needs to lighten up and be a bit more humorous. I could be the strange funny dude that jumps out from behind a gravestone or tree wearing a dress. On second thought, that might be more scary than funny.

7 comments:

Stefany said...

I need to start watching that. The paranormal has always interested me. Actually, I always see something in the corner of my eye whenever I'm sitting on the sofa around 9:30pm. I look across the room and it's near the stairs. It then "vanishes." And lately, I've been waking up in the middle of the night around 3:00am.

LittleIsis said...

Did you see when the guy who plays house was on SNL pretending to be one of the guys on that show? He farted, and they thought it was "paranormal activity", so they did the heat wave machine type thingy snd it showed the fart coming out of his butt while they were trying to find teh ghost...
was hilarious

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Yes Stefany, you should watch it. Let me know what you think.

When you see it out of the corner of your eye, try an experiment. Don't turn your head, but focus on it as much as possible from that angle. If it IS actually something, most likely it will disipate before you've even turned your head.

3am? Oh no! Did you see The Exorcism of Emily Rose? SCARY! I was waking up at 3am as well. Not sure if it was a subconscious thing or not.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Hello LI- Always good to hear from you. No- I did not see it, but wish I had. Sounds VERY funny. I should check You Tube.

Anonymous said...

Now you've got me wondering if my experience with the man in the mirror was an intellectual haunting or a residual haunting...

and I'm scared all over again. ;)

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Don't be afraid. Be VERY afraid- AH-AH-AH! Actually nothing scarier than this blog o' mine!

Are you teasing me-Teasia from Rus-si-a? Thanks for reading my blog & adding your comment-it means a lot, even coming from you! ;^)

Welcome to my nightmare!!!!

Anonymous said...

My pleasure, C. Louis Wolfe.

"Blog o' mine"? Okay. You can be irish today and I'll be russian. But just for today, comrade.